PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPod stand

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 20:55
Hey guys,

For those of you with iPhones and iPod Touch PDA's, you might want to check this out.

Now, its a bit pricey at $40.00 USD (I think its an outrageous price) but its first rate quality and does the job well and looks sleek.

There are interchangeable rubber corner knobbies that you can switch out for use with either the iPhone (slightly thicker, taller) and iPod (slightly shorter, much thinner).

I think its called the X-Stand and it can rotate as well (X bracket will swivel). The rear L stand is a duplicate of the Apple iMac stand and has little rubber treads so when you press on the screen selections, it wont slide back on you.

A couple of picks...

Bill

Silver Fox
March 22nd, 2009, 22:43
Very cool! I could really use one of the for the Touch.

AckAck
March 23rd, 2009, 17:17
They should have called it the iHand. But then, most of their users already have two of those....

Brian

Wittpilot
March 23rd, 2009, 17:26
That is a nifty device... My wife found a website at work the other day that sells a lot of nifty iPhone stuff.. . she actually bought a stylus to use with the iPhone off of there.... how it works, i have no idea, but it does actually work... I think it's not all that effective, but I am sure if you got the hang of it, it would be a little easier... they also have some pretty cheap covers. I will have to ask her what the site was.

-witt

Lionheart
March 23rd, 2009, 19:50
Hey Witt,

Its incredible how much stuff is out there for these things. They now have back covers in various colors, transparents, and chrome.

The nicest 'cover' for it I have found is the Belkin Glove. They usually come in 2 packs. I have a black one. Its more like a rubber material, very flexible, grips really good and just flips over the edges. I got some hard cover screen protectors (really not needed as its already glass). But the protectors do not use adhesive, which is a cool thing.

Silverfox,

The stand is like a perfect height for your hand when you are at the computer. Great for accessing it. This way you can use the Dictionary, Thesaurus, and other tools in it when you are using other programs on the computer. (Works for me.. ).

Bill

tigisfat
March 23rd, 2009, 21:46
Do you really need a stand for a handheld device? I just got an iphone a few days ago, and I love it....but c'mon. However, I do enjoy these threads....