PDA

View Full Version : Something I Never Saw Before!

N2056
March 22nd, 2009, 20:38
So yesterday I'm in my cave working on the project du jour when I look out the door and see this!

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9310/chickenbooontheshedroof.jpg

Not something you expect to see where I live! He wandered around the yard for about 30 minutes...I tried to grab him, but he got away over the neighbors fence. He's still in the area...I heard him this morning while I was in the yard drinking my coffee!

tigisfat
March 22nd, 2009, 20:50
I figured you'd see one every day. :173go1: (I'm already ashamed of myself)

gedm
March 22nd, 2009, 20:52
dont toss me outa here but, it looks like it might be your neighbors cock...:173go1:

Willy
March 22nd, 2009, 21:18
Looks like someone's gamecock got loose.

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 21:35
I see an early mankind alarm clock, chicken-McNuggets, Chicken CordanBleu, a feather pillow...

:wiggle:

Bill

TARPSBird
March 22nd, 2009, 21:46
That's a Filipino alarm clock! :d

tigisfat
March 22nd, 2009, 22:28
That's a Filipino alarm clock! :d

that's a filipino steak!!

Piglet
March 23rd, 2009, 01:34
Got alot of those, and similar in my neighborhood, due to the high foreigner content. Can I have my country back please!?!:faint:

wombat666
March 23rd, 2009, 02:17
Looks like someone's gamecock got loose.

Nothing worse than finding a loose game cock ......... :whistle:
I suppose in Piglet's case one might think it was a shuttlecock???
I'll go quietly now.
:wave:

lifejogger
March 23rd, 2009, 04:13
Looks like a plain old run of the mill rooster to me, which can be rather annoying if you been up into the wee hours of the night and just getting to bed.

rpjkw
March 23rd, 2009, 07:57
Way back about 45 years ago, we were living in a housing area miles from any farms, etc. when a nice red rooster showed up outta nowhere. We named him Rudy and kept him for a pet. He was really something; followed me around like a dog and, yes, he crowed in the morning. Fortunately our neighbors thought he was cute and didn't complain.

Bob

Tom Clayton
March 23rd, 2009, 07:59
I live in a "mobile home villiage" (aka trailer park). About a year and a half ago, we were having two separate, ongoing "issues." Issue #1 was one of the "immagrant" families had a rooster - danged annoying thing. Issue #2 was a small pack of three wild feral dogs in the woods bordering the park that would occasionally come out of the woods - one even tried to attack me once. But ain't life funny when one "issue" can cancel out another? I walked out of my house one day only to see one of the wild dogs carrying that rooster back into the woods by the neck - no more crowing at all hours of the day and night!:applause:

Cazzie
March 23rd, 2009, 10:33
Hmmm,

Look like to me y'all got some Mexicans around that have some game roosters!

The sport has always been illegal here, but in parts of North Carolina, the authorities will turn their heads for a piece of the pie.

I had a great-uncle that bred the dang things, didn't fight 'em, just bred 'em and sold 'em to people that did. Hard times I guess a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

I do remember visiting him (great-Uncle Jessie) and great-Aunt Lena when I when I was high school age. i played football and was the kickoff and point after kicker (place-kicker). One of Uncle Jessie's old game roosters got out of the coop and came up to me casually and pecked at my shoe strings. Next thing I know he backs away and comes at me in full spurring mode. I bet I kicked that :censored: game cock 40-yards, air-born, wings flapping like Hades and he hit the ground with a full thud! But they are tough muthas! He came up, shook himself and went running away. Didn't bother me no more. :d

Caz

mike_cyul
March 23rd, 2009, 10:51
A KFC Resistance fighter, looking to recruit.

Mike

lifejogger
March 23rd, 2009, 14:06
A KFC Resistance fighter, looking to recruit.

Mike

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Rooster terrorist.