March 22nd, 2009, 15:20
DANG!!!!

That is brilliant!!!!

A must have at .99 cents!

Thanks for the heads up P!

Bill

GT182
March 22nd, 2009, 15:49
I'm glad I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch. ;) Besides, fishin ain't the same unless it's fer real. And boy do I miss fishing for trout.... the ones you can eat. There's nothing here in DE that you can fish for and have for a meal. The streams and rivers are just too polluted. :frown:

cheezyflier
March 22nd, 2009, 16:21
I'm glad I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch. ;) Besides, fishin ain't the same unless it's fer real. And boy do I miss fishing for trout.... the ones you can eat. There's nothing here in DE that you can fish for and have for a meal. The streams and rivers are just too polluted. :frown:

you could go to white clay creek if you don't mind being elbow to elbow with every drunken amateur in n.c.c. :costumes:
nothing better than watching 3 guys fight each other over an 8" fish that was 1/2 dead when they foul hooked it in the 1st place.

or, you can go to brandywine creek state park if they still stock that stream, and fight off the copperheads and those yuppies with the hand-made cabela's rods that cost as much as your harley with their hand made wicker creel and their $200 orvis real, and their floppy hats with $6000 worth of hand tied flies they got from gander mountain catalogs.

it's an option

GT182
March 22nd, 2009, 16:28
LMAO.... Yeah but they'd make fun of my rig. Berkley Spirit flyrod with a Garcia ultralight spinning reel with 2# test line. I used to catch 4 pound smallbouth bass on it uo in NY. Even hooked a small Muskie on it one day.... lost a darned good lure too.

I asked about the Brandwine and was told not to eat any fish out of there. Same for White Clay Creek... the Mexicans are p*ssing in it. ;)

cheezyflier
March 22nd, 2009, 19:42
years ago i held the state record smallmouth in my hands for about 20 seconds....untill i fell in and dropped both rod and fish, at the brandywine.
i had a muskie bite the end of my rod there one evening. my rig was nothing fancy either. i used a 6' berkely lightning rod with a garcia 4500c and 12lb berkely line. at one time, when i fished every day, i could put a 1/2 oz. spinnerbait in a coffee can from 70' probably 7/10 times. i could throw a curve, or even skip it. now i'd be lucky not to backlash. i haven't used the rod in 2 years.