PDA

View Full Version : Cruising Cape Cod, hop to Nantucket

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 13:53
Hey guys,

Nice day off.. Took up the 172SP and flew down to Nantucket from Cape Code (Providence airport on the tip of the Cape).

Nice flight. Clouds the way I like them. A bit bumpy on the wind. Flew calmly at about 2,000 Feet Alt.

With all the wind buffetting, I broke down and woke up Auto and had him hold the course and Alt while I looked around, enjoyed the scenery, and shot pics with my virtual iPhone.

:d

Put down nicely. I like how the flaps effects are on this particular plane. She handles gently on touchdowns with full flaps. Floats right down for a smooth touch down. Great feeling after a long flight.

I really need to add some buildings to the airport scenery here... arrghh..

Bill

JimC1702
March 22nd, 2009, 15:19
Nice shots! The 172 is quite nice, looks good and flys well.

I downloaded a scenery from X-Plane.org for southern New England that included several airports and the Cape Cod Canal bridge. Works well.

Jim

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 15:23
Hey Jim,

Did you get that scenery at the XP9 website?

You know... I just realised, AVSIM have XP9 downloads.. I might paruse their library...

Bill

JimC1702
March 22nd, 2009, 16:21
Here's a link.

http://web.me.com/theosdavis/xpfiles/scenery.html

The file I downloaded was New_England_South.zip. He has files for most of the US. I flew into Providence, RI and it was nice to see terminal buildings and jetways.

Jim

JimC1702
March 22nd, 2009, 17:44
Hey Jim,

You know... I just realised, AVSIM have XP9 downloads.. I might paruse their library...

Bill

I was looking over there, most of the uploads seem very old. Avsim did just open a dedicated X-Plane forum. Copying SOH. :)

Jim

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 18:43
Hey Jim,

Many thanks Sir for the link and the heads up.

Well, people will follow when you are 'leading edge' man!

:d

Bill

kbr
March 23rd, 2009, 21:34
Nice flight, Bill. Lovely pictures, I really like the way Xplane 9's terrain looks.