PDA

View Full Version : Good find at the discount store

OBIO
March 22nd, 2009, 13:27
Last night, my wife and I picked up a new digital camera. Nothing superb, but much better than the 1.3 megapixel one we have worn out over the last 4 or 5 years. GE, 7 megapixel, 3.5 optical/4.5 digital zooms. Tons of features.

Well, since we upgraded our camera I figured we might as well upgrade our SD stick as well. The 128meg stick just doesn't cut it. Walmart wanted $15 for one 2gig SD card...nope, not going there. So, stopped into the local Big Lots and checked out their electronics counter and scored 2 Kingston 2gig SD cards for less than $10....and Kingston has a lifetime warranty on those cards!

I love finding these kinds of deals.

OBIO

While on the topic of Kingston, I also hit Newegg and ordered a 1gig stick of Kingston memory for my wife's laptop. Going from 256meg to 1gig really should boost the performance on that system quite well.

OOOPSS!! Wrong forum...I thought I was in Newshawks. Mods, please move this post over to Newshawks...Thanks.

GT182
March 22nd, 2009, 16:23
You IS lucky OB. Usually you don't find many "good" deals at Big Lots. Most of their stuff, I've found, is crap. But then again I'm a bit picky. ;) :costumes: