PDA

View Full Version : Default airfield exclude

Nick C
March 22nd, 2009, 08:39
I need help.

A couple of days ago the ground was starting to bleed through my runways in places, now I've lost all the masks from my airfields, so the runways and buildings are there, but the ground textures are the generic default, as in the type you see around the edges of airfields, including buildings and trees! I've disabled almost everything in my scenery library, but still have the same problem.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Nick C
March 22nd, 2009, 08:52
Here's an example of what my problem is. A default airfield in Canada covered in trees. In a city it would be covered in trees and buildings.

icarus
March 22nd, 2009, 09:42
perhaps can be sold at Greenpeace

hinch
March 22nd, 2009, 11:17
Happened to me in FS2004.

It was something to do with vector ground tiles (may have just made that up, but I'm sure it's close!) in the .cfg.

Nick C
March 22nd, 2009, 11:31
No vector or tiles in my .cfg I'm afraid, thanks for trying though.

Pepere
March 22nd, 2009, 11:41
Must be tricky to land?:whistle:

David

Nick C
March 22nd, 2009, 12:07
Impossible to land on any airfield, but thanks for getting my hopes up by posting constructive comments. :173go1: :engel016:

Edit: Throwing in an extra smiley just to reinforce the manor in which my statement above was intended: :d

Holger Sandmann
March 22nd, 2009, 12:54
Hi Nick,

could be an issue with the default entries in your terrain.cfg file. Have you made any changes yourself to the cfg or installed an add-on that does?

Alternatively it could be an add-on exclude "gone wild" but since you've already deactivated all scenery library menu add-on entries that's less likely. Make sure you also try deactivating the "Addon Scenery" entry as some add-ons place their files into that folder tree.

Cheers, Holger

Nick C
March 22nd, 2009, 14:37
You were right on the nose Holger, thank you.

Last year I made a copy of FSX onto another drive, I've just copied the terrain.cfg from there and I now have clear runways. Time to start adding back a few ticks to the scenery library, see if I can find the guilty culprit.