PDA

View Full Version : ETO install help please, yes another one

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 16:47
I had 1.20 installed competely but I made a mistake somewhere and spawns were messing up so I deleted my ETO folder.

I've tried to install from 1.0 up. I got 1.0 installed, changed my .bat files to the D drive, used the config, set it up for windows XP compatibility and started her up in era 1.

The first loading screens come up and everything goes fine then it gets into CFS3 and tells me that a mission file failed to load. I wish it was more specific but it isn't.

I do have a vanilla CFS3 original and had ETO working earlier today. Any suggestions?

This is the first time I've really had any install problems. I know the procedure pretty well pat.

rbp71854
March 21st, 2009, 16:54
Try deleting your uisel and see if that corrects the problem. If not then I would suggest that you run 1.20 again making sure that your theater is in the era one.

If that didn't work unless you know which file you are missing then a reinstall is the only course.

hope that helps

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 16:56
I haven't gotten to 1.20 yet. I just wanted to start 1.0 up and go into QC and exit then install 1.20. Delete the folder itself or just its contents. Not sure what uisel is yet, but i'm looking heh.

rbp71854
March 21st, 2009, 16:57
Try deleting the uisel, then if that doesn't work and you don't know which file such as facilties file or spawn file you are missing then a reinstall is in order.

Thje uisel.xml file to delete is in your my documents\data applications\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion folder. Don't delete the uisel.xml in the main CFS3 ETO Expansion folder.

I haven't gotten to 1.20 yet. I just wanted to start 1.0 up and go into QC and exit then install 1.20. Delete the folder itself or just its contents. Not sure what uisel is yet, but i'm looking heh.

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 16:59
I'm sorry. You typed uisel twice, but do you mean uires? That is all i see in the ETO folder.

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 17:01
Ok I see the second line in your post now. Maybe my eyes are bad and I missed it the first time. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the ultra-fast responses. You ETO guys rock.

rbp71854
March 21st, 2009, 17:03
Chuckle no your eyes are not bad. I didn't see your comment that you didn't know what a uisel was, so I figured I better tell you which one to delete by editing my original posting.

Ok I see the second line in your post now. Maybe my eyes are bad and I missed it the first time. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the ultra-fast responses. You ETO guys rock.

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 17:08
I don't see that file in there. I did a complete search of the computer and see the uisel for MAW and for OFF but nothing for ETO.

Is it because I didn't delete this folder along with my ETO folder in programfiles\microsoftgames\ when I tried to uninstall?

To be sure of what is going on. Does this folder that contains the uisel also contain a bunch of screenshots and the pilot data? If so then I'm looking at the right folder where all those ETO screenies go, but I don't see that uisel in here.

rbp71854
March 21st, 2009, 17:20
Look for this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________

If you can't see the Aplication Data folder then you need to un-hide it by changing the folder properties.

In that folder should be the uisel.xml that you want to delete. Do not delete the uisel.xml in the main CFS# ETO Expansion directory.

If you do not have an uisel.xml in your main eto directory then you need to do a reinstall.

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 17:26
Reinstalling. Thanks for your help. I don't have that even in the main ETO directory so I will start over. I didn't delete it. I'm wondering why it isn't there.

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 17:31
One last thing before I do this. Is there supposed to be a uisel in my vanilla copy of cfs3? Because there isn't maybe that is the problem?

Grumpy123
March 21st, 2009, 17:34
Fie on the installation/modding gods. It seems my aforementioned "vanilla" cfs3 does not want to run either. Now I need to start all over from the very beginning!:faint:

If I uninstall original cfs3 am I gonna have to redo OFF and MAW? I'd hate it. Thats about 2 hours worth of computer hell.

Capt. Winters
March 21st, 2009, 21:58
Hi Grumpy,

When you uninstall your original CFS3 do it manually dont use the unistall function. ie navigate to the various folders and delete them.

If you do it this way you should not have to reinstall MAW or OFF.

doing it the other way I have found can lead to several files being deleted from my OFF folder. its as if the unistall application searched for certian files by name across all folders. deleting them in not just the stock CFS3 but OFF and MAW as well.

hope this helps,

regards Rob.