PDA

View Full Version : New aircraft

baldy
October 11th, 2008, 23:46
Hi guys

thought you might like to see my latest effort - but you got to guess its name. Still panel, multi-lod and vc to do and if anyone knows the weapon and payload positions it would help with the .dp.

cheers

baldy

jungle_balloo
October 12th, 2008, 01:25
A.N.F Mureaux 113, 115 or 117 des Groupes Aériens d'observations 1940

Thank you very much BALDY:applause::applause:

OBIO
October 12th, 2008, 01:48
To me...that looks like an Airosplat Crash and Burn Mk II. But as a Wrecker of Nice Aircraft", all planes look like Airosplat Crash and Burn variants to me.

Looking good Baldy. Can't wait to get it into a stall and fatal flat spin and auger it into a potato field somewhere.

OBIO

vidal
October 12th, 2008, 01:57
Yes, I agree with Jungle_Balloo : ANF Mureaux. Armament was 2 light synchronized machine guns (Vickers) firing forward, and mounted at the top of the engine. And for rear defense and firing back, a twin mobile light machine guns (Lewis), be served by the observer.
No bombs, just flares under the wings for night observation missions.
Thank you, Baldy.

Pips
October 12th, 2008, 02:12
If you were a member of the Armee de l'Air in 1939 and got assigned to a Groupes Aeriens d'Observation flying such an antiquated aircraft you'd have to feel cheated. :banghead:

Fortunatley for us we can cruise around in it with perfect safety - well ....... so long as we don't make any silly flying mistakes. :icon_lol:

It's quite an appealing aircraft, and it's beautifully modelled baldy!:applause:

baldy
October 12th, 2008, 10:52
Thanks for the info and kind words - was able to sort the dp and I've invented a 2D panel - the vc panel still to do - here's the latest pic

baldy

Ravenna
October 12th, 2008, 18:06
Looking good Baldy. I hope your rear gunner is a crack shot!:d

drivincar67
October 12th, 2008, 18:15
Very good work baldy!!!!

miamieagle
October 13th, 2008, 04:00
It looks great. :jump:

xavierb
October 14th, 2008, 04:55
Excellent, baldy. Although littlle know aircraft, they were the backbone of the French tactical air reconnaissance units in 1939-40, so they are a must in any campaign there. Also, a couple of historic missions can be now created (including the one which involved the first Luftwaffe victory in the West, precisely against one of these planes).

Thanks for the info and kind words - was able to sort the dp and I've invented a 2D panel - the vc panel still to do - here's the latest pic

baldy

baldy
October 14th, 2008, 07:40
I'm uploading now - any inaccuracies are explained in the readme

baldy

Pips
October 14th, 2008, 13:08
They were real 'meat on the table' for just about any aircraft in the Luftwaffe arsenal with a gun. In "Fledgling Eagles" by Chris Shores the incidence of the A.N.F's being shot down is frightening!

mercure
October 15th, 2008, 13:33
Very nice Baldy.:applause::applause::applause:

I have never ever read nor heard this plane was used as a fighter, even in May 40. It would just have been suicide and totally in vain looking at performance and firepower.

Is it from wikipedia?:d

Cheers

baldy
October 15th, 2008, 20:57
Hi Mercure

For night ops I think - but you know how innaccurate the net is and how stories become 'facts' so I am very possibly wrong.

By the way - excellent skin you should upload that or have you already ?

baldy

mercure
October 16th, 2008, 09:55
Hello Baldy

Skins are really simple in fact and I will send you 2 tonight. It will be up to you to u/l or not, this is your work.:applause::applause:

Cheers

baldy
October 16th, 2008, 11:55
Am working on converting the 117 to the 115 see pic

look forward to the skins

baldy

mercure
October 16th, 2008, 13:15
Check your PM ...

mercure
October 17th, 2008, 10:06
Hello Baldy,

The mail adress does not work despite numerous tries.

Any other?

Cheers

baldy
October 17th, 2008, 11:56
Hi Mercure

Are you spelling my name correctly - can't think of a reason why it's not working .

For those of you who want the uglier version of the ANF - the 115 - I am uploading now - see pics

baldy

mercure
October 17th, 2008, 13:17
copy-paste again, retry, not good...:banghead:

mercure
October 18th, 2008, 12:46
SHOULD BE OK now...

Pb of file size I guess. Tell me.

:d