PDA

View Full Version : Fs9 plane into fsx

jhun401
March 21st, 2009, 11:54
Hi
Is there a way to install a FS9 aircraft into FSX ???

Regards

harleyman
March 21st, 2009, 13:21
Sure...Just like installing into FS9 except they go into the Sim Object folder,under airplanes.....

But many have issues...Many work OK except for prop textures...

brettt777
March 21st, 2009, 14:28
And cockpit issues. Many of the older FS9 cockpits, especially the VC's, won't work in FSX. That's a problem I am dealing with right now with the FSD T-38.

Tako_Kichi
March 21st, 2009, 17:40
You may also get a hit on frame rates with a port over too. On a weaker system that can make a difference between flying and not flying.

MCDesigns
March 21st, 2009, 18:01
Sure...Just like installing into FS9 except they go into the Sim Object folder,under airplanes.....

But many have issues...Many work OK except for prop textures...

Alternatively, you can go to your FSX CFG (located here by default C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX ) and under the MAIN section add this line

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft

Then you can have an AIRCRAFT folder like in FS9, which is where I install everything as not to screw up the Simobjects folder.

jhun401
March 21st, 2009, 23:15
Hello again
I did all that, but all I get is half the screen is a distorted view of FSX and the bottom half is my desktop !!! any idea where the problem could be ??

BTW, any idea if there is a SA Bulldog for FSX yet ?

Regards

Francois
March 21st, 2009, 23:54
Hi
Is there a way to install a FS9 aircraft into FSX ???

Regards

The 'real' answer should be : "Yes, but it is not recommended'.

:wavey:

I understand that some folks really like their old planes (and want to keep their investments alive). So do I. So I kept FS9 on my PC.

But if you ALSO want to benefit from the better looks, new aircraft and new technology that FSX offers, you should forget about FS9's programs and leave them where they are.

Run BOTH or make up your mind is what I say. Otherwise you'll be ruining a good program with old stuff that's not made for it.

YYMV but I stick to my opinion :whistle::hand:

d0mokun
March 22nd, 2009, 00:35
Very wise words! :ernae:

kilo delta
March 22nd, 2009, 03:02
Also...when porting over FS9 aircraft, make sure not to overwrite any FSX effects/textures/gauges etc.

BTW, any idea if there is a SA Bulldog for FSX yet ?

Regards

Piglet made one for FS9........don't know if he plans on updating it for FSX but I live in hope.:monkies::ernae:

DaveWG
March 22nd, 2009, 03:50
Hello again
I did all that, but all I get is half the screen is a distorted view of FSX and the bottom half is my desktop !!! any idea where the problem could be ??

Open the panel.cfg for the aircraft and look for any lines that read:

render_3d_window=1

and remove them.

Piglet
March 22nd, 2009, 15:43
I MAY make a new Bulldog on day. The FS9 one was a FSDS creation, whose source files are who knows where...