PDA

View Full Version : ETO Aircraft Pylons

Daiwilletti
October 11th, 2008, 21:53
I've seen another thread mention one slight typo with a pylon name in ETO aircraft.

Thought I'd list the ones I've found, for easy reference for others.

1. fw190A5 - there are two typos of pylon names in the xdp file - both transposing 9 and 0 (this does NOT repeat NOT include the pylon_109_0). The pylon typos relate to a "109A5" and a 109A5 torp pylon. In both cases, simply change to "190".

NB: IIRC this actually stems from an original typo in the MS xdp; not something from ETO, its simply carried through.

2. All the w40 MS406s refer to a Bronzavia Exhaust as a loadout. I cannot find such a weapon in the weapons folder. Will this create a problem?

3. The W40 he111 9kft has a couple of instances of a pylon mis-named (IIRC should be gc hagelrack not dr). I think this has been mentioned in another thread, I only include it here for completeness.

I used the good old campaign generator xls file (from here at SOH) which has a macro that automatically checks the integrity of the names of xdp vs cfg etc files, and checks pylons, loadouts and weapons and cockpit files. Shame it doesn't check pathways for sound files! Anyway it saves a fair bit of time error checking if you copy a whole lot of aircraft into the ETO expansion.

And while I remember it, thanks to all in the ETO Expansion Group! :applause: This is a mganificent add-on. It really is a complete makeover, the term "addon" does it no justice :medals:

D

rbp71854
October 12th, 2008, 00:56
Thanks D for the listing. They have been forwarded to the team for resolution.

jaycee
October 12th, 2008, 06:10
Hi D. Changed all my fw190 A5's xpd's. But in my install of ETO i have in my pylons folder files named dr_hagelrack ?

Daiwilletti
October 12th, 2008, 20:27
Hi D. Changed all my fw190 A5's xpd's. But in my install of ETO i have in my pylons folder files named dr_hagelrack ?

Hi Jaycee, not sure why the difference. I definitely do not have a dr_hagelrack in my ETO Expansion Pylons folder?

Thanks again to you guys - I've decided to modify the way I keep all my cfs3 installs. Now I will use the ETO Expansion as the shell for all my eras. i used to have five installs for different flavours, including one for "alternative" sceneries and one for Firepower effects, just so as to have a bit of variety.

But ETO is so comprehensive I will work with modifying facilities, etc within the existing magnificent ETO Expansion structure.. :applause:

Just one question: I really like the "attack" spawns that Charlie developed, which created dispersed formations of armour, attacking in front of an artillery battery. Has something like that been developed for ETO? I have to admit on my campaign missions I spent a lot of time at the front, taking out attacking armour that had spawned in large, sprawling formations. The "target" view often revealed riveting action as spawned armour from both sides slugged it out....