PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question but...

Rezabrya
March 20th, 2009, 21:09
where can I find the screenshots I take using the "V" key in FSX? what directory do they save in? Thanks in advance. And also is there a way to change which directory they save into?

d0mokun
March 20th, 2009, 21:15
I dont think there's a way to change the dir.

They are usually in My Documents/ Pictures/ FSX Files

BOOM
March 21st, 2009, 03:37
If you're OS is Vista and you have FSX installed in the default directory their could be a problem though,something about Vista not alowing Program files to be changed,If you can't find your screens that's probably what's happening,you can use an alternate program like Fraps which works well.

harleyman
March 21st, 2009, 03:48
I use FScreen..It saves in bmp format but then I just change them in paint to JPEG....

d0mokun
March 21st, 2009, 04:20
If you're OS is Vista and you have FSX installed in the default directory their could be a problem though,something about Vista not alowing Program files to be changed,If you can't find your screens that's probably what's happening,you can use an alternate program like Fraps which works well.

To play devils advocate again, I've used Vista and FSX for a long time across three systems.. always fine for me. The FSX screenshot utility is perfectly adequate.

UAC might stop it though but I don't know for sure.

harleyman
March 21st, 2009, 05:33
To play devils advocate again, I've used Vista and FSX for a long time across three systems.. always fine for me. The FSX screenshot utility is perfectly adequate.

I agree...I never had a problem in Vista saving with the V key......

cheezyflier
March 21st, 2009, 06:55
that's not a stupid question. a stupid question would be one like this:

if corn oil is made from corn, and olive oil is made from olives, what is baby oil made from?

limjack
March 21st, 2009, 14:26
that's not a stupid question. a stupid question would be one like this:

if corn oil is made from corn, and olive oil is made from olives, what is baby oil made from?

:applause:LOL

BOOM
March 22nd, 2009, 08:00

Ahh,must be something on my end then,I will have to take a second look at it.

Nick C
March 22nd, 2009, 08:31
Owner/Pictures/Flight Simulator X Files.

The only problem with using the V key is that FSX saves the files as BMP's. At around 6mb each, your folder will soon weigh a ton.

Ark
March 22nd, 2009, 08:45
There are no stupid questions...only stupid people I work with.