PDA

View Full Version : FSAddon Bobcat out now!

MCDesigns
March 20th, 2009, 18:50
Just a Heads up guys and not to bad a price!

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-cessna-t-50-bobcat-fsx.phtml

Lionheart
March 20th, 2009, 19:23
Thanks for the heads up Michael.

:ernae:

Bill

harleyman
March 20th, 2009, 19:34
Thanks.. I have been watching this ...It looks nice .....

Boomer
March 20th, 2009, 20:59
Thanks for the HU!

Off to get it now :running:

glennc
March 20th, 2009, 21:15
First Flight: One biggie - start engine 2 first. When I started Engine 1 first, the airplane flipped on its side. There must be a lot of torgue on the left side, or a bad contact point. Externally, it's not bad. The panel is very low res. There are some interesting things here. In Songbird (the only one I've tried so far), the 30-30 in the back seat is fun. It flies OK - but be careful with yaw on landing - it felt like it would swap ends. If you like early 50's airplanes, it's worth the money but maybe needs a little tweaking.

Glenn

Francois
March 20th, 2009, 23:33
Shees! You guys beat me to it already !!! :welcome:

Francois
March 20th, 2009, 23:36
First Flight: One biggie - start engine 2 first. When I started Engine 1 first, the airplane flipped on its side. There must be a lot of torgue on the left side, or a bad contact point. Externally, it's not bad. The panel is very low res. There are some interesting things here. In Songbird (the only one I've tried so far), the 30-30 in the back seat is fun. It flies OK - but be careful with yaw on landing - it felt like it would swap ends. If you like early 50's airplanes, it's worth the money but maybe needs a little tweaking.

Glenn

Nobody reported that, but if there are issues we will of course see to them and release a free update ! Simon has been really making progress on his texturing skills AFTER the model was thought to be finished a month or two ago...... maybe something got changed in some file inadvertedly...

By the way, we also opened a dedicated support forum for it at http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewforum.php?f=35

Hope ya'll have fun with the little Bobcat nonetheless and please keep us updated on things you might find or want improved ! :wavey:

Roger
March 21st, 2009, 03:09
The exterior is very nicely modelled! The sound pack is great (lots of base rumble) but there has to be a way to remove the passengers & co-pilot in vc. I've tried removing them in payload but they're still there. Otherwise a good successor to Bill's Fs98 and Alpha's Fs2002/2004 versions.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/bobcat-1.jpg

6297J
March 21st, 2009, 03:32
The inadequate modelling/rendering of the passenger/co-pilot was mentioned here and elsewhere some time ago. I think it's a big mistake if you don't get the option to remove them.

gajit
March 21st, 2009, 03:54
The inadequate modelling/rendering of the passenger/co-pilot was mentioned here and elsewhere some time ago. I think it's a big mistake if you don't get the option to remove them.

Yep - I agree. That external model looks great but the figures look like some "penny for the guy" dummies you see around November 5th ( in UK)

glennc
March 21st, 2009, 07:21
I definitely agree with getting rid of "Penny" (The character's name from the TV show for you youngsters) from Songbird.

I have the feeling that Simon is a developer "building time" and experience. I see a lot of promise here that I am willng and happy to support. The progress since the Cub is very obvious.

Point noted about the support forum. I found it last night but was just a bit reluctant to be the first poster.

Glenn

EgoR64
March 21st, 2009, 10:50
:friday:

Nice Pics Roger, Nice Bird !!

Would be a Fun Round the World Aircraft !!

Cheers !!

pbearsailor
March 21st, 2009, 11:26
Those passengers have got to go. :eek:

Is a Jacobs radial really turbocharged? I don't know for sure, but I'd be pretty surprised if these things could really pull 40 inches manifold pressure. Air file shows it turbocharged, but I wonder. This one flies pretty quick and I don't think the real one was such a racehorse.

I really want to like this one, Simon has made a lot of progress as a modeler since the Super Cub, and I remember my Dad had some UC-78 time in his logbook during WWII. Want to like it but have my doubts presently.

cheers,
steve :wave:

Reddog
March 21st, 2009, 13:26
Want this but have to know if it will work with just SP1 installed.

Francois
March 21st, 2009, 23:49
Those passengers have got to go. :eek:

Is a Jacobs radial really turbocharged? I don't know for sure, but I'd be pretty surprised if these things could really pull 40 inches manifold pressure. Air file shows it turbocharged, but I wonder. This one flies pretty quick and I don't think the real one was such a racehorse.

I really want to like this one, Simon has made a lot of progress as a modeler since the Super Cub, and I remember my Dad had some UC-78 time in his logbook during WWII. Want to like it but have my doubts presently.

cheers,

Please put your comments on our support forum, where Simon will look in from time to time (he's in a bit of dire straights privately I'm afraid, but he WILL try to accommodate everybody).

It will be a bit before we reach PMDG quality..... if you want PMDG pricing of course.... :kiss:

Francois
March 21st, 2009, 23:50
Want this but have to know if it will work with just SP1 installed.

I can't tell you but will check with our Beta testers..... almost all of us run SP2 of course, having just one PC ;-)

grunau_baby
March 22nd, 2009, 02:18
Looks great!!:applause:

However I will only go for it when the dummies are removed from the VC (thatīs just my personal taste that I do not prefer those kind of passengers).

Alex

pbearsailor
March 22nd, 2009, 06:21
Please put your comments on our support forum, where Simon will look in from time to time (he's in a bit of dire straights privately I'm afraid, but he WILL try to accommodate everybody).

It will be a bit before we reach PMDG quality..... if you want PMDG pricing of course.... :kiss:

Nobody wanted to be the first, Francois, but done. :kilroy:

cheers,

glennc
March 22nd, 2009, 06:25
Francois,

I've registered on quite a few forums, but this one is fighting with me. I enter the verification code, it doesn't like it, so it clears that and a couple other fields that I don't notice. Try again, still no luck on the verification code. Are those things case specific?

Glenn

Francois
March 22nd, 2009, 07:06
@ Glenn: Yes, case specific. And I already dumbed it down some...... if I take the security off I get swamped with bloody spammers within hours.

If you continue to have problems, then please shoot me an email to 'francois at fssupport dot com' !

@ Steve: thanks !!

:welcome:

srgalahad
March 22nd, 2009, 07:27
Looks great!!:applause:

However I will only go for it when the dummies are removed from the VC (thatīs just my personal taste that I do not prefer those kind of passengers).

Alex

All in favour of :
a) removing the VC passengers and
b) optionally replacing them with Alex' avatar:rapture:

Good luck with the sales Francois!

Roger
March 22nd, 2009, 07:51
Some more taster shots:engel016:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/bobcat-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/bobcat-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/bobcat-5.jpg

Francois
March 22nd, 2009, 08:01
All in favour of :
a) removing the VC passengers and
b) optionally replacing them with Alex' avatar:rapture:

Good luck with the sales Francois!

LOL !!!
Thanks !

Nice shots Roger !!!! :wavey:

glennc
March 22nd, 2009, 10:07
Francois and everyone,

First, I have gotten registered on the support site - thanks for dummying it down to my level :kiss:.

Second, I haven't been able to replicate the left engine flip.

Third, I'm beginning to appreciate this package the more I fly it. I've been in three of them. The VC's are different in each and although I haven't been paying real close attention, I think there are some panel differences. I had one "arrival" this morning that didn't fell like a developing ground loop but I might get a bill from my chiropractor. So, that's not an issue, either. This airplane has a personality that requires some care and I expect Simon has that pretty much under control.

Glenn

Francois
March 23rd, 2009, 02:49
Thanks Glenn.

To all: Simon replied on our support forum that he'll make an update WITHOUT the passengers, and he'll also further check the engine specs.

Good news I hope.... we'll keep you posted.

grunau_baby
March 23rd, 2009, 04:28
Thanks for the great news, Francois!!!:applause:

Guess I am gonna get me some new plaything then...

Alex

Reddog
March 24th, 2009, 09:09
Still waiting to hear if this will work with just SP1 installed. I want it but not if you need SP2 to run it.

Francois
March 24th, 2009, 10:37
Oops I forgot. I was counting on Simon looking in here, but he hasn't I guess. I'll drop him an email now.....

Francois
March 24th, 2009, 12:14
Still waiting to hear if this will work with just SP1 installed. I want it but not if you need SP2 to run it.

Just got word from Simon, reddog.
He has tested it with FSX Standard and Deluxe... which are 're-SP1', and that worked. I would reckon SP1 should work.... at least it works without SP2.

Our testers have all tested with SP2 or Acceleration, that worked too.

Reddog
March 24th, 2009, 13:44
ok and thanks will be getting it now:woot:

Roger
March 24th, 2009, 14:45
Looks quite nice though:engel016:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/bobcat-6.jpg

Reddog
March 25th, 2009, 15:19
Ok got it installed and been flying it for a while. Over all I'm happy with it, looks good and flys nice don't even mind the pasengers. for me the minus's are:
1 To many military schemes and not enough civilian ones.
2 The refections in the windshield(any way to get rid of them)
3 Unable to swap out the gauges in the panel(is there a way to do that)

n4gix
March 25th, 2009, 15:47
Thanks Glenn.

To all: Simon replied on our support forum that he'll make an update WITHOUT the passengers, and he'll also further check the engine specs.

Francois, since Simon's going to be recompiling the interior model to eliminate the pax, have him change the emissive properties on the VC textures to "MultiplyBlendUserControlled" mode to eliminate the way-overbright backlighting the "Additive" mode causes. :gossip:

If he's unsure on what I'm suggesting, have him write to me directly at n4gix@comcast.net for further explanation. :ernae:

Francois
March 25th, 2009, 15:55
Thanks Bill, I have forwarded him the message (I of course have no clue what you mean <g> ).

arrowmaker
May 1st, 2009, 21:43
Update out now. No more passengers. :applause:

http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1798

Francois
May 1st, 2009, 22:43
Simon handed them some parachutes.......:bump:

grunau_baby
May 2nd, 2009, 05:52
:applause: Thanks for the support!

Roger
May 2nd, 2009, 06:46