PDA

View Full Version : ETO 1.20 downloader issue

Lionus
March 20th, 2009, 09:59
it starts.. and freezes instantly. doesn't download a thing, just sits there like paralyzed duck. it's not my firewall or anything because I gave it green light when it was asked.. I've had the same problem earlier with this very same downloader, and frankly speaking, I'm slightly frustrated.. where are the gypsies when my axe needs a workout?:argue: any help would be appreciated.

WV-903
March 20th, 2009, 10:22
Hi Lionus,
Try this Download Manager. :-

www.freedownloadmanager.net/ (http://www.freedownloadmanager.net/)

It was recommended to us in SOH before our--"Crash", I installed and have been using it ever since. It's free and excellent.

I downloaded ETO Update 1.20 and 1.01 yesterday and each one downloaded in a couple of minutes.

Once you have it and go for the ETO down load again, this will automatically take control and ---Voila !!! You've got it.

Hope this helps.

Bill T.

PS:- Best delete the down loader you have first--------------------LOL

Lionus
March 20th, 2009, 10:30
well, it works for you, but to me it just shows more and more links and none of them is what I look for.. oh well.

Kofschip
March 20th, 2009, 10:58
Yes WV, all I get is more links too. Lionus, don't give up, somebody will help us.:help::help::help:

popsaka
March 20th, 2009, 11:08
Guys, what're your ip's ...dsl, cable, fo, dial-up (god-forbid)
I have the slowest fo and the download was extra fast... a lot faster than some other stuff

I used the freeware "TCPOptimizer.exe" and it REALLY fixed my 'bottom of the line' fibre optic!

Lionus
March 20th, 2009, 12:55
broadband cable, 100/5..

JayKae
March 20th, 2009, 13:44
http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3%20ETO%20Expansion/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_1.20.zip

There ya go, a direct link ;)

Lionus
March 20th, 2009, 14:00
excellent! beer for you!:friday::ernae:

JayKae
March 20th, 2009, 23:54
lol thanks mate... you good now though? As in.. have you fixed your problem?

Lionus
March 21st, 2009, 00:31
yup! it froze once at 25% and didn't start up again so I had to start the dl once more..:typing: but it's ready now and I'm waiting greycap to wake up and help me out with the install etc.. I can use computers, but I don't want to mess anything up. not every kid comprehend the spiritual life of computers lol..

JayKae
March 21st, 2009, 01:59
Excellent, good to hear mate :)

noelberrier
March 21st, 2009, 03:27
http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3%20ETO%20Expansion/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_1.20.zip

There ya go, a direct link ;)

Hello,

I still do not play ETO because I have a clumsy arrangement (Internet on Linux rig, none on Windows one) and have not yet figured out a solution. The direct link is a VERY GOOD new for me as I can download from Linux !
Would it be possible to have also a direct link for the core ETO 1.0 ?
Other way would be to find someone to send me a DVD, but "soft" solution would avoid cost and bothering someone with this.

Many thanks !

JayKae
March 21st, 2009, 04:05
Sure mate...

http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3%20ETO%20Expansion/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_1.0.zip

noelberrier
March 21st, 2009, 05:08
Thank you very much ! :wavey: :ernae:

... there was a guy using a MAC around there ... this thread may solve his problem as well as mine !

TNEWELL
March 21st, 2009, 07:41
Used JayKae's direct link and installed perfectly, Thanks JatKae! One quick question, the Firepower bomber pack download. Do you need to have Firepower installed, or is this a separate download? Thanks in advance

rbp71854
March 21st, 2009, 07:53
You need to own the Fire Power add on then you copy the B-17s and B-24 folders to your ETO install, then run the utility to convert the aircraft to the ETO install.

Used JayKae's direct link and installed perfectly, Thanks JatKae! One quick question, the Firepower bomber pack download. Do you need to have Firepower installed, or is this a separate download? Thanks in advance

TNEWELL
March 21st, 2009, 08:14
rbp71854, Thanks for the information and quick reply!

Kofschip
March 21st, 2009, 11:13
Lionus, like I told you, this bunch is the greatest. Thanks guys, I have it now too.:applause::jump::applause::jump::wave:

JayKae
March 21st, 2009, 14:27
You're welcome glad I could help :)

Lionus
March 22nd, 2009, 00:59
Perhaps direct link should be added as standard procedure when next update arrives. would probably save a lot of people from headaches. :typing:

JayKae
March 22nd, 2009, 03:25
The reason why I build a downloader is to save people from having issues with files that come in that are corrupt etc, it seems to work well 99.9% of the time, there is however unfortunately some people that it does not work for, that is why I browse through these forums to make sure everyone is helped out with the file download :)

rbp71854
March 22nd, 2009, 04:43
Jay you have done an outstanding job in resolving the few download issues that folks have encountered. The ETO team appreciates your support.

The reason why I build a downloader is to save people from having issues with files that come in that are corrupt etc, it seems to work well 99.9% of the time, there is however unfortunately some people that it does not work for, that is why I browse through these forums to make sure everyone is helped out with the file download :)

noelberrier
March 22nd, 2009, 11:33
Jay you have done an outstanding job in resolving the few download issues that folks have encountered. The ETO team appreciates your support.

I really agree with this. Keep the download the way you think is better for most of us. Other guys will get things to work at least, as you kindly help in those cases.

Thank you very much :wiggle:

JayKae
March 22nd, 2009, 13:34
Not a drama in the world guys, glad to be of help :):friday: