PDA

View Full Version : Classic Vintage Aeroplanes

Pips
March 19th, 2009, 19:55
I would guess that everyone has a period that gets their heart racing; mine's early 1900's. There isn't a lot of choice, but whats' out there is just fantastic.

For more than a year I've been pottering around in Jean-Michel Castagne's beautifully rendered Bleriot XI, Joe Binka's superb Antoinette VII and Rob Bruce's classic Bristol F.2B. And of course lets not forget Neoqb's wonderful Fokker Dr.1. :wiggle:

So imagine my joy when, browsing Simviation, I discovered more vintage classic's this past week! Jean-Michel Castagne has modelled the incomparible Farmon-Voisin, and Stuart Green (and the Nor-Cal Prop Club) have produced an Albatross D.III and the Caudron G.IV.

I'm in seventh heaven. :wave:

Now don't ask me if they're all full FSX models - I haven't a clue and really don't care. They work fine on my system without any bugbears and that concerns me.:icon_lol:

Horse power? Massive engines? Trim? Radio? Metalled runways? Who needs 'em! I happy just struggling into the air and having to concentrate hard just to keep the blessed things airborne. The lower and slower the better. That's flying to me. :rapture:

Roger
March 20th, 2009, 00:18
Pips,
Just for interest Jean-Michel has a Bleriot beta Native FsX model on his site.

stiz
March 20th, 2009, 00:47
i prefere the early stuff as well, pre 1940 and i'm flying it, those things called jets all the look the rudy same, grey pointy things, and anyway, all the early planes where all way ahead of their time, they even had fly by wire systems ;) :d

Pips
March 20th, 2009, 01:13
Thanks muchly for the heads-up Roger, I'll grab it. :)

Daube
March 20th, 2009, 01:54
Pips, have you tried the Buecker Jungmann from Oliver Fischer ? It's a FS9 model but it works perfectly in FSX SP2.
You can find it here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004ac&DLID=117785

And here are some shots

lucas81
March 20th, 2009, 03:40
Grab fantastic Lublin R.XIII D/Ter by Michal "Empeck" Puto. It is work of art. The plane has several visual models (military, civilian, floatplane) and it is fully FSX native plane.
Another one is RWD-8, Polish basic trainer used in the 30's. (base + expansion pack, all on avsim). Again, it is FSX SDK bird, great for low & slow flying.
Third one is RWD-14, close cooperation bird with autoslats which replaced Lublin R.XIII. It has 3d gauges, specular and bump mapping, etc.
We have prepared vintage aerodromes as well - search for "Puck" and "Mokotow" on Avsim.

Lucas

stiz
March 20th, 2009, 11:01
or go direct to the website :wavey:

http://simhangar.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=34

6297J
March 20th, 2009, 11:22
Is there a DX10 compatible biplane anywhere?

Roger
March 20th, 2009, 11:43
FsX native biplanes:

Piglet's UPF7,
Icarus' Gladiator,
Robby's Biff,
Alphasim's Se5a,
The default Curtiss Jenny compiled for FsX at the same address as Stiz mentioned above.
And from tonight the GAS Boeing model 40. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=13456

6297J
March 20th, 2009, 11:59
Thank you Roger

Roger
March 20th, 2009, 12:37
Blimey,
I forgot Dave Garwood's Dragon Rapide and Dan's WWI Fighters.

gera
March 20th, 2009, 14:12
Go to Classic British Planes and have a ball!!!!!!