PDA

View Full Version : I am having a Water reflection issue

Lionheart
March 19th, 2009, 19:47
Hey guys,

Man... My water now shows some wierd texture map now with parts on it. When I fly over a lake or beech, I can see this huge texture down in there with some parts on it.

I wonder if I messed up installing a plane or something?

arrghh... :banghead:

Now to find out where and what that texture is and repair it..

Bill

harleyman
March 20th, 2009, 04:14
Sounds like FSX to me.........LOL

Hope you find it Bill.....What a pain textures can cause at times....:faint:

spotlope
March 20th, 2009, 06:22
It definitely sounds like some add-on texture overwrote a water texture, Bill. If you can identify the one that got overwritten, maybe a fellow XP fan can send you a replacement. Other than that, I'd imagine you've got a full XP reinstall ahead of you, and we all know how long that'll take. Ugh.

Lionheart
March 20th, 2009, 12:56
Yep, lol... All night long... eeeks! :eek:

I put in a call for help at the XP9 website forums support. Hopefully they will know what it is.

Bill

Lionheart
March 20th, 2009, 19:54
Hey guys,

The gentlemen at XP9 say that it is possibly the GC getting overloaded. Quite a few of them had similar issues. Turning off the fog and things got rid of it.

Good to hear. :d

Bad to hear that they all had ATI's and I do as well... arrghh..

Bill

Mithrin
March 21st, 2009, 01:52
If only they had a console that you could open op, then hover over any object/texture and get the actual filename of it. Done by some game developers and it saves tons of time if you're looking for that one bogus file!

harleyman
March 21st, 2009, 05:41
Hey guys,

The gentlemen at XP9 say that it is possibly the GC getting overloaded. Quite a few of them had similar issues. Turning off the fog and things got rid of it.

Good to hear. :d

Bad to hear that they all had ATI's and I do as well... arrghh..

Bill

YUP..They clearly state that ATI does not handle X Plane to well for some reason..I regestered there, and told them I had an ATI card , and they all but told me to get rid of it...LOL

I almost told them to make a sim that was not so picky....We had words and issues...I left....:faint:

Major_Spittle
March 21st, 2009, 06:06
Too bad, the water looks awesome in X-Plane with reflections turned all the way up. I wonder if when it overlays the reflexion texture, from whatever is by the water, if the ATI card screws it up? Luckily my 8800gt makes the water look pretty good.

Lionheart
March 21st, 2009, 12:30
Its really odd.. I never had issues with XP9 before on the water.. It just started happening recently.

Maybe I need to defrag or something...

It has beautiful water though. I think it looks almost better then FSX.

Hopefully ATI will come out with a better driver for my iMac GC. We'll see..

Bill

kbr
March 21st, 2009, 15:44
Hey Bill,

Have you tried running the XPlane update program? If you do, allow it to over write custom textures while updating. If something messed up your water textures, this might replace them with fresh textures.

Lionheart
March 21st, 2009, 20:44
Hey Kevin,

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Good seeing you over here in the new XP9 room! What do you think?

We need to decorate the place.. Paint the walls some cool colors, put in some furniture... Hang up some aircraft prints..

:d

Bill