PDA

View Full Version : Award scores

Marty
March 19th, 2009, 19:16
Does any one know what the numbers mean in the country.cfg file?:ernae:

Cody Coyote
March 19th, 2009, 22:22
The award_scores relate to the number of aircraft you shoot down. For example, if the numbers read: 5, 12, 20, 35, 45, you will receive your first medal after shooting down 5 planes, the second medal after 12, etc., etc. The award_images are the images from the UIRES folder that correspond to the award, and the award_text is the message you will see when you receive the award.

The woundaward section refers to receiving the Purple Heart but works as described above. The stock setup gives you only one Purple Heart after your first wound.

The rank_scores relate to the numeric score you must achieve to reach the next rank. The rank_names are the ranks and the rank_images are the images shown when you get promoted.

Unfortunately, the scoring system is somewhat of a mystery and I don't know that anyone other than MS knows exactly how your score is computed as it applies to ranks. I have compared flights to scores but have never come up with a formula that I am positive works all of the time.

This information applies only to campaigns. The ranks, awards, and scoring have nothing to do with individual missions not flown as part of a campaign.

You can easily edit any of this information. By raising the score for example you can make it more difficult to rise in rank, or increase the number of planes downed to make it harder to get a medal. You can also use different images and modify the text you see. When designing campaigns for other nationalities I frequently insert my own text and increase the numbers making it harder to advance.