PDA

View Full Version : We need this in Flight Sim

JimC1702
March 19th, 2009, 06:07
The Terrafugia Transition:

http://www.terrafugia.com/photogallery.html

Not very sleek, but kind of cool just the same.

Jim

rpjkw
March 19th, 2009, 06:41
Just watched Fox News and the aircraft/car was featured. $194,000 plus a sport license and you're in business. Take off & land at an airport then drive home and park in your garage ( manufacturer says standard construction garage).

Nice concept. They're taking orders now with a refundable $10K deposit and will be 'on the streets' in 2011.

Bob

GT182
March 19th, 2009, 07:08
Yeah I saw that on Fox too. I just wonder how good the shocks are. ;)

Lionheart
March 19th, 2009, 08:26
That would be fun to own. I wish it was cheaper, like $70K.

Imagine waking up early, going out to your garage, getting in your flying car, filling it up with fuel at the gas station, then taking off and going to California and spending the day there, then flying home, parking it in the garage and going in... All in a day, all in your own car..

Amazing..

Bill

Snuffy
March 19th, 2009, 09:34
That would be fun to own. I wish it was cheaper, like $70K.

Imagine waking up early, going out to your garage, getting in your flying car, filling it up with fuel at the gas station, then taking off and going to California and spending the day there, then flying home, parking it in the garage and going in... All in a day, all in your own car..

Amazing..

Bill

As long as you could do that without running into all the other fools out there with one and doing the same thing and not thinking that the laws of flying (like driving) does not apply to them.

No thanks, California is too far for me from my garage.

Toastmaker
March 19th, 2009, 11:52
As long as you could do that without running into all the other fools out there with one and doing the same thing and not thinking that the laws of flying (like driving) does not apply to them.

No thanks, California is too far for me from my garage.

My thoughts exactly. . . Too many of these in urban areas will bring carnage in the skies !!

JimC1702
March 19th, 2009, 12:07
They require a Sport Pilot license and would have to fly per FAA regs, they wouldn't be just flying around willy-nilly. Well...hopefully. :)

Jim

GT182
March 19th, 2009, 12:46
Plus you'd have to make a few pit stops for fuel along the way. And you wouldn't make it in one day out and back... especially from the east coast. Plus you'd more than likely need IFR qualifications. I can't see many days of VFR conditions all the way out and back, or flying at night without it. ;)

Nice idea but unless you want to spend big bucks for a pilot's license, it's not all that practical. Maintainence costs will eat up what's in yer wallet too. ;)

mike_cyul
March 19th, 2009, 13:39
Would make for an interesting new Automobile Racing category!

Can just see the Daytona 500 (NAFCAR!) with 20 of these racing around. :d

Mike

jhefner
March 19th, 2009, 13:40
Nice idea but unless you want to spend big bucks for a pilot's license, it's not all that practical. Maintainence costs will eat up what's in yer wallet too. ;)

Good point. Even though it is roadable; you couldn't just take it to your Walmart when the oil needs changing; it has to be maintained as an airplane and not a car.

Willy
March 19th, 2009, 13:57
Wait until folks start flying and talking on the cell phone while eating a burger and fries.

JimC1702
March 19th, 2009, 14:48
Wait until folks start flying and talking on the cell phone while eating a burger and fries.

YIKES! :)

Jim

GT182
March 19th, 2009, 15:10

They do now... It's called autopilot in the air. And stupidity on the highways.