PDA

View Full Version : A senior moment?

TARPSBird
March 19th, 2009, 00:00
Maybe, but I can't remember how I solved the problem of this weird tile effect (see pic) on my CFS2 the last time I had it. You can't see it in this view but the plane's image is also affected. Image quality settings haven't been reset, and I haven't added any scenery files. Somebody give me a suggestion that works and I'll file it away this time. Thanks in advance.

OBIO
March 19th, 2009, 01:11
Check your screen resolution settings in CFS2. Sometimes mine will revert back to the default for no apparent reason.

OBIO

Ghostrider
March 19th, 2009, 06:13
Hey TarpsBird - this may not be your issue, but I know when I change the volume of my sound effects - like turning down the engine volume, for example, the sim reduces the quality of my graphic settings drastically too. I have to go back and crank up the graphics settings again, to return them to where they were.

Pen32Win
March 19th, 2009, 11:05
Same Here GR.... Changing any of the Sound balance Sliders seems to throw everything else, including Graphics settings in to "Reset Mode".

TARPSBird
March 19th, 2009, 11:39
Thanks for your replies. After reading Obio's post I checked my screen resolution and for some reason it was at 480x640 - I usually run CFS2 at 600x800. I'm not sure that's what caused the tile effect, I replaced my existing cfs2.cfg file with a backup and that solved the problem.
On one attempt to solve the problem I removed the existing cfs2.cfg file and let CFS2 create a new one on start-up. After having to sit through the cartoon movie I went into Free Flight and my FR was up at 60-70 FPS with the default F4U. :eek: I can't remember when my FR was that good. Is that because a new default .cfg file turns off all your scenery or what???

Ghostrider
March 19th, 2009, 12:39
I always thought that was the wierdest thing Pen, but it's done it on all my installs since 2000, so I figured it was a universal issue!

Speaking of FRs - I defragged my HD and cleaned up my registry, and went from 20's and 30's to 60's! :wiggle:

You rolling again, TARPS?

Pen32Win
March 19th, 2009, 12:43
The old HD clean up and defrag always does CFS2 a world of good. That's becuase it uses the HD to Cache Textures and sounds. If they're not fragmented they display/playback faster.....

TARPSBird
March 19th, 2009, 21:37
You rolling again, TARPS?
Yes I am Ghost, thanks for asking. Flying out of Atsugi right now with terrain mesh turned on, getting 50-55 FPS with 1% version G4M Betty and up around 70+ FPS with the default F4U. I did get an error (see pic) which killed the CFS2 session (no external video) and dropped the screen res to 480x640 but a reboot and resetting the res took care of that. I love those "unknown" errors. :d

Ghostrider
March 20th, 2009, 10:33
Nice - I still need to get Mt. Fujiyama going with the snow - looks good!

Jean Bomber
March 20th, 2009, 12:07
Nice - I still need to get Mt. Fujiyama going with the snow - looks good!

Hi ghost

It's a very nice scenery made by Redwul_53 aka Sanders de Coq aka SDC,You can dwld it here at SOH ;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Redwulf__53

JP

TARPSBird
March 20th, 2009, 12:27
I'm going to try SDC's Fuji.
Ghost, I've been using Raimondo Taburet's Fuji scenery, it's fuji_k2.zip over at Flightsim.com. Made for FS2002 but works fine in CFS2. Also try Xavier Berdaguer's Japan airfields and Fuji local airfields here at SOH. Search with xavierb2 and you'll get all his stuff.

Ghostrider
March 20th, 2009, 12:44
Roger that, I'm using XB's stuff - just D/Led Redwulf's Fuji scenery here - it adds the snow cap, and looks good!