PDA

View Full Version : A flock of birds? That land???

Lionheart
March 17th, 2009, 23:22
Hey guys,

So I am on the ground, checking out how systems work, and I note what I thought was a cloud of rain coming my way.

Nope.....

Its a flock of birds. I think they are seagulls. Not sure. I have seen them before, but only when taking off. These guys fly all around, many doing different flights then the others, then.... they land! and they are moving around pecking the ground.. then they are back airborn again.

No drain on frames..

Note on the extreme zoom shot where they are on the ground, their wings are no longer flapping, all up, and they were actually making 'ground pecking' gestures, lol..

Pretty cool. I hadnt set and watched them before. Nice little nature detail.

Bill

JimC1702
March 18th, 2009, 02:59
Yep, they're pretty cool. I had my first bird strike the other night. Fortunately it did no damage. They can take out your windshield or engine.

Jim

Peter SWE
March 18th, 2009, 04:43
Yea, thats a nice detail. My first birdstrike made me jump out of my chair. A loud bang and the windsheild cracked. The bird actualy left a bloody mess on my plane! I was flying the default cessna 172.

The blood and gore windshield crackeffekt is only in 2d cockpit, not in the 3d one.

mississippi
March 18th, 2009, 07:24
Boy's get your GUN'S where havein seagull's . :rocket::sniper::tgun2:

Lionheart
March 18th, 2009, 08:20
Yea, thats a nice detail. My first birdstrike made me jump out of my chair. A loud bang and the windsheild cracked. The bird actualy left a bloody mess on my plane! I was flying the default cessna 172.

The blood and gore windshield crackeffekt is only in 2d cockpit, not in the 3d one.

Dang!

Now thats cool.. I didnt know does this, lol...

Bill

Major_Spittle
March 18th, 2009, 10:25
There is a flock of seagulls in X-Plane?
http://www.multinet.no/~jonarne/Hjemmesia/Favorittartister/a_flock_of_seagulls/a_flock_of_seagulls_4.jpg

Last time I saw a flock of seagulls I ran, I ran so far a way.

Lionheart
March 18th, 2009, 17:33
LOLOL.....

A bird strike that also leaves some pink sunglasses on the perspex?

:faint:

Chacha
March 18th, 2009, 18:44
How about hot air balloons? Has anyone seen tons of hot air balloons on XP-9?

Goodness, Maybe its just on mine!

Eli

Lionheart
March 18th, 2009, 18:49
Hey Eli,

Balloons on mine.. and trains.. and cars.

:d

...........and frame rates!

Bill

JimC1702
March 19th, 2009, 02:59
I turned the balloons off, there were just way too many of them.

Jim

Gdavis101
March 19th, 2009, 17:41
Love the birds, but I did turn the balloons off on mine.