PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problems

jimjones
March 17th, 2009, 10:01
Suddenly the CS c130 began giving sound problems.

Initially loading the plane, that had been working ok, the sound would fade and sometimes go to no sound.

Afterwards changing to another plane also produced no sound.
All other planes sounded ok provided not preceded during an FSX session by the c130.

Othertimes there would be some faint sound, but if the Q key was used to shut off the sound then back on, the sound was turned off permanently for the c130 and other planes during that fsx session.

The c130 when first appearing on screen was followed by a loud swush sound and a quick flash of light on the screen.

All this followed a search for a fix for the CS 757 not controlling the Auto Pilot.

That was resolved with installing fsuipc 4.2 then moving 4.3 dll file into the modules folder.

Did a 4.2 reinstall without moving the 4.3 dll file and now the sound problem seems mostly gone except for that loud sound when the c130 first appears on the screen. But I had one occasion where turning off the sound via the Q key resulted in a permanent shutoff of plane sounds.

Also a persistent situation is when using the Q key, the sounds in any of the views becomes subdued in the very high frequency sounds after the sound is restored via the Q key. Going to another view seems to restore the high sounds again. This is most often observed in full screen mode and less in windowed mode. Very strange.

Seems fsuipc can be very unpredictable if installation is not followed exactly. Curious that out of hundreds of planes the c130 is the only plane that exhibits this problem.

This is another embarassing confession, not installing per instructions.:redf:

harleyman
March 17th, 2009, 16:20
I have no paid fsuip so am no help there Jim...Sorry....

I did want to reply though......

jimjones
March 19th, 2009, 00:59
Perhaps the fsuipc thing was not the problem after all. The sound problem returned with a vengence. Problem is with Captain Sim c130 only.

Returned the sound card mode from Games to Entertainment for the X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Xtreme Gamer card. Had forgotten I'd put the card in Game mode.

The fading and disappearance and reappearance of sound, the too loud gear and flap sounds and general unbalance of sounds has ceased and all seems well again.

Strange that the Game mode does not work well.

harleyman
March 19th, 2009, 04:52
Man...Who would have thunk it.......LOl

Glad its going again ......

Repeat after me... I Love My Computer.......:focus: