PDA

View Full Version : Name the Chevy this came off of

OleBoy
March 17th, 2009, 07:00
I'm hoping that one of you car nuts here can help me out. I've got this tail-light lens that I can't identify.

Here's some info:

Stainless/Nickel trim ring/bezel
Red glass (stamped) lens

There are lots of numbers stamped into the back of the lens outer perimeter (very small) Hopefully they won't be needed. If they are, I'll have to get a magnifying glass

What car or truck did this lens come off of?

I've been told it's very very rare.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6259/taillight11.jpg

Moparmike
March 17th, 2009, 08:34
That would be from a 33-36 Chevy.
Could be either a car or a truck. They used the same style light "bucket", just a different mounting bracket depending on if it was mounted to the fender (cars & pickups) or from the frame (large trucks).

Not especially rare, but that one is in very good shape with no cracks in the glass and the lettering paint is in very nice shape too. The stainless isn't pitted at all either. It'll be worth about $25-30 at a swap meet or on ebay.

If you want another, I've got two more of em hanging in the shop. One with the stainless bezel and one without. :)

OleBoy
March 17th, 2009, 08:54
Sure is nice having people around that know things. I like classic vehicles, I just don't a lot of specifics.

I found my lens one day when I was a kid. I was digging for old bottles in a canyon. It was caked in dirt.

I like it for the nostalgia, trinket type collection.