PDA

View Full Version : RAF Gutersloh in X-Plane

jdhaenens
March 17th, 2009, 06:04
I gave Richard Child permission to convert RAF Gutersloh into X-Plane with Jonathon Harris's (Marginal's) FS2Xplane converter. Obviously not everything came through, but it didn't turn out too bad, at least by the screenshots provided. I can see a color difference in the Xplane default scenery that those who decide to design for both sims will have to keep in mind.

Oh...yes...it's at x-plane.org .

Jim

JimC1702
March 17th, 2009, 07:11
Thanks Jim, any of your excellent sceneries would be most welcome in X-Plane.

Jim

VCN-1
March 17th, 2009, 07:38
Jim

I was trying to do NASP for my personal use. Not all of the runways showed up. I may have to delete it and try again.

VCN-1

jdhaenens
March 17th, 2009, 08:26
I recall someone having that problem before when they tried. It's probably because the original default configuration of KNPA in both FS9 and FSX is incorrect and I had to modify it with the AFX/AFCAD to make it right. I have no experience in any of the X-Plane tools as yet so I can't help beyond that...sorry.

VCN-1
March 17th, 2009, 08:32
I wasn't hinting that you should work on it. I am thrilled with what you have done for FSX.

BTW the buildings showed up in XP9

VCN-1

Lionheart
March 17th, 2009, 08:48
Thanks for the heads up Jim.

:ernae:

I wish converting planes to XP9 was as easy...

arrghh.. :banghead:

Bill

jdhaenens
March 17th, 2009, 09:10
Note that no roads, lights, or most things with an alpha channel transferred properly....and no animations, either. There are probably seperate tools for that stuff, though (hopefully?).

Jim

@VCN-1 no umbrage taken, I was just trying to give you a starting point for troubleshooting the runways. ;)