PDA

View Full Version : Mountains of water

Ghostrider
March 16th, 2009, 18:35
My shorelines in Japan, especially, seem to be all screwed up. Water textures going up the sides of islands and mountains - is there something I'm missing here, or have those shorelines just not been done?

Thanks,

olaf1924
March 16th, 2009, 18:59
Ghostrider I deactivated my japan terrain mesh and now I just use lod 7 and lod8 for my japan install. This cured ninty % of my japan mesh problems.

Ettico
March 16th, 2009, 20:43
If you have the connection and patience to download them, Rhumba's lod7 mesh is probably the way to go. But they add up to hundreds of megs worth of downloading.

Otherwise, you can download my PTO flattens and Japan lake flattens. These will flatten all the coastlines, interior lakes, and rivers in the entire PTO and part of SE Asia.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Ettico&ammm=15&pap=1

Fibber
March 17th, 2009, 04:29
It's a Tsunumia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sp?)

Ghostrider
March 17th, 2009, 12:04
Thanks guys,

I do have Rhumba's LOD7 mesh, and the DEM thing installed (correctly, I think?) I'll try your shorelines Ettico!
I appreciate your help getting rid of the tsunami!

Jean Bomber
March 17th, 2009, 13:19
Hi ghost
if you want find for Japan your shores like before,the default, you must delete or move in a save folder ,for later when a new Japan scenery will be made with new coastlines fitting with the mesh,the two watermask bgl CST4a10b_m.bgl and CST4a10c_m.bgl
for the CST4a10a_m.bgl I don't know if it's best to keep it even if a very small nw part of japan is inside ,this bgl cover the entire Korea with no shoreline if i remember, i ve not flight over for a while????,it's in the no shorelines area that the rhumba water mask show today their interest ,if you may keep the default mask where there is shorelines in waiting for some new sceneries mostly adapted with the R's masks and mesh you could check each CSTxxxx bgl to know their location and choice if you leave or not them with Tmf viewver ,you can find it with an old fs? sdk, there is one in the g2k folder and .....I don't know where to download it directly ,avsim no ...,SOH no ....,so here the Tmf "bgl " viewer tool.....in attachment
change the extension .pdf to .exe
with it you can check each bgl in the R's watermask scenery folder and you will see the coresponding area then you can choice to keep them or not...or organize them in folders as euro africa asia pac etc...

PS: i've just flight over Korea, CST4a10a_m.bgl,there is default Beachs ......

JP

Ghostrider
March 17th, 2009, 16:51
Merci beaucoup, mon ami!

Ghostrider
March 17th, 2009, 17:07
Much mo betta, gentlemen! Thank you so much! Between deactivating Japan mesh, and Ettico's flattens, I'm good to go!

(Also had to grab your DCGs and Airboss while I was there, Ettico - nice!)

Ettico
March 17th, 2009, 19:07
Glad to help, Ghost.:ernae:

Morton
March 18th, 2009, 01:08
My Japan is the same Ghostrider. Just dropping the new mesh and flattens in and deleting everything else was too good to be true. Reading Jean Bombers post I guess there's a lot to be done before this acts as it should.
For the experiment I installed Rhumba's new DEM4,-7,-8, waterflattens and tropical landclass into a new untouched CFS2 install as he described. The result was not very good on my PC. All shores and coastlines are terrible misaligned.
I'll stay with just using the DEM 4 and 7 mesh and the "old classical " landclass and flattens. Good enough.:ernae:

Mort

rhumbaflappy
March 18th, 2009, 15:07
The LOD8 mesh should actually help the coastlines, and perhaps eliminate the need for flattens... there shouldn't be any need to deactivate it.

There are no flattens in these new files. The watermasks do suffer near the coastlines. Just one of the annoyances of trying to automate a process that spans a third of the earth.

You could use the defaults if you don't mind their terrible inaccuracy. Or you could use the new watermasks, if you don't mind their terrible inaccuracy. A third alternative would be for someone to make a better set of masks and lines for Japan, and the rest of the world.

Dick

Ghostrider
March 18th, 2009, 16:04
Yep, sounds good - I'm happy with something that looks realistic and believable. I appreciate all the work Rhumba, Ettico, et al have put into our CFS2 "world"!

<S>

dog1
March 18th, 2009, 16:36
having read the above and from what i see happening to all my add on sceneries i'm going back to basics with the greatest of pleasure
dog1