PDA

View Full Version : FS9 VC in FSX

brettt777
March 16th, 2009, 16:05
I have a T-38 that has a VC that works in FS9 but not in FSX. Now, most of the gauges that work in FS9 and don't work in FSX are to be expected. This happens all the time. It isn't hard to put newer gauges in the panel to make it work. But my problem is that the $xxxxxx texture doesn't seem to work in FSX, so even if the gauges did work, they have no texture to attach to. So my question is...is there a way to make a FS9 VC, particularly the $xxxxxxxx texture, work in FSX? I know it does it alot of planes but not this one. Is there a way to fix it without aquiring the source files and trying to edit the mdl, etc?

n4gix
March 16th, 2009, 19:01
<sigh> There is no such thing as a "$xxxxx texture"... It is something that is automatically created by the sim when the panel is loaded...

...it only exists a bit of memory space in the computer...

Prowler1111
March 16th, 2009, 19:31
Brett, the $_x map you use to assign virtual gauges to the VC is a complete different material in FSX, so, if this is a tweaked FS9 VC, FSX engine will not even look at it, or, in other case, will make the plane visible, thatīs AFAIK..
Prowler

brettt777
March 17th, 2009, 17:34
<SIGH> There is no such thing as a "$xxxxx texture"... It is something that is automatically created by the sim when the panel is loaded...

...it only exists a bit of memory space in the computer...

Yes, I understand that the $xxxxxx is basically a virtual texture and only exists when the panel is loaded. But doesn't FS9 work the same way? I mean, there must be some similarities as I have a few FS9 planes that have VC's that work just fine in FSX. Are you telling me that there is no way to make this FS9 VC work in FSX without having source files and editing the model and all that other stuff I don't know how to do?

N2056
March 17th, 2009, 18:06
What plane are you talking about? That could help a lot.