PDA

View Full Version : Track-IR in XP9

Lionheart
March 15th, 2009, 16:02
For those of you trying to get Track-IR running in XP, here is a checklist of things for making sure its working.

* Track-IR on
* Go to Settings/Equipment/tick on Track IR at top left portion of settings
* Select Control-o (control - letter oh) and your Track IR should now be running.

Note 1; Track IR only works in Toggle VC. Seems its different then view VC, (yes there are two). The first uses arrow keys and joystick switch to view around. Control-o VC uses Mouse or if Track IR is on, it uses that for viewing around.

In Mouse mode though, its a bit like FSX. Well, it is like FSX in being able to look around. Very nice.

Note 2; If you do not have Track-IR in your settings window then download your latest XP9 updates. That will have it in there.

Note 3; If that doesnt do it, with Track-IR selected on, then download your latest updates for Track-IR as well, as that will also have drivers in it for the latest version of XP9.

Happy flying,

Bill

spotlope
March 15th, 2009, 16:32
I got my TrackIR set up in XP9 natively, but before that was working I decided to try Sandy Barbour's PilotView plugin. Having tried them both, I actually prefer the smoothness of movement in PilotView. The only problem is that you have to manually activate the plugin, and once you do you're locked into the VC view. Sort of like real life, if you're into that sort of thing. ;) You can download the plugin here (http://www.xpluginsdk.org/pilot_view.htm).

Lionheart
March 15th, 2009, 18:34
Thanks Bill,

I hadnt heard of this. Good to know.

Bill

VCN-1
March 15th, 2009, 18:49
Thanks for the information. I tried my TrackIR and had nothing but problems. This should solve my issues.

VCN-1

arrowmaker
April 29th, 2009, 02:50
I have just installed X-Plane (9.22) for the first time. It's certainly different! I have one question. I cannot seem to centre (via F12) in-game. I have to open TrackIR-View-Heads and F12 from there. Does anyone else find this and is it normal?

Lionheart
April 29th, 2009, 11:28
I have just installed X-Plane (9.22) for the first time. It's certainly different! I have one question. I cannot seem to centre (via F12) in-game. I have to open TrackIR-View-Heads and F12 from there. Does anyone else find this and is it normal?

Yes, me too. I have to save and exit and reset, then go back in.

But I have also found a way to center the TIR on its own. Move your head in a way that you are looking straight up, then straight down, then straight forward, and it should go back to preset forward. Momentary stops at full up, full down.

Bill

arrowmaker
April 29th, 2009, 13:49
Thanks, I'll give that a go. So far I've found the simplest method is to repeatedly press control-o and cycle through a number of views until back in 3D mouse look mode. This seems to do the trick, achieved in FSX by simply pressing F12. Like I said in my previous post XP is certainly different :isadizzy:, but it's growing on me.