PDA

View Full Version : Avanti screenshots

Lionheart
March 15th, 2009, 15:35
Hey all,

Some more screenshots of the Avanti.

This plane is getting a bit addictive. learning all the controls in it still, (like AP, setting up a NAV flight, PFD views, etc).

Jim had told me about PageUp and PageDn being distance movement controls in XP9, but I didnt realise it allowed you to move all the way to the back of the plane. Nor did I know it was all detailed back in there. Very nice!

Bill

grunau_baby
March 15th, 2009, 22:21
You got pretty addicted to italian style there, Bill. It may have a Ferrari sticker on the tail, but it is build by the same people who build this (italian icon):

Your shot´s really tempt me more and more. Will get a new broadband internet connection next week. Will download the X-Plane demo first then, to have a peek before I go for it.

Great shots, love that interior!
Alex

Lionheart
March 15th, 2009, 22:49
Ciao Alex,

Si.. :d Un bella Vespa!

Wise decision. Best to demo it first. All the controls are different.

I am still trying to figure out how to work the maps and VOR navigating. Kind of fun that its different.

I wish I knew how to put my Epic in here, lol...

Bill

Major_Spittle
March 17th, 2009, 08:08
Landing the Avanti is a hella challenge. From what I can tell the plane has two settings; stall and ballistic.

Lionheart
March 17th, 2009, 08:49
Landing the Avanti is a hella challenge. From what I can tell the plane has two settings; stall and ballistic.

lol...

She does some porpoising when she is flying slow. I hate that. Best to do fast landings.

JimC1702
March 17th, 2009, 09:43
I took this one for a spin last night. It is a very nice plane, inside and out. I couldn't figure out how to set the HDG bug.

Jim

Lionheart
March 17th, 2009, 10:27
Ahhh.. I set mine with the Saitek joystick. I have heading adjustment attached to the left/right hud switch.

I couldnt figure out how to set Altitude. It seems to only take when you get to an altitude. When you try to change it, it does nothing. I tried everything to get it to 'change' but nothing seemed to work. I did get VNAV to work though, so I could keep a constant climbout.

Bill