PDA

View Full Version : Me 262 nightfighter?

Stickshaker
September 27th, 2008, 10:12
I understood that after Flight Replicas’ excellent Me 262 single-seaters and trainers a nightfighter pack would follow. Mike, can you enlighten me and us? Is this indeed the case, and if so, how is it coming along?

mike_cyul
September 27th, 2008, 11:37
Hi Stickshaker. The nightfighter is fundamentally complete, and will be a part of a package that includes reconnaisance and experimental cannon versions. The only aircraft that really needs just a little more work right now is the reconnaissance version, and that is really just texturing and animation of the photo gear. The nightfighter is just short on info for one starboard console instrument face in the R.O.'s cockpit.

Flight1 intends to release a boxed set of all Flight Replicas Me-262's (dedicated FS9 and FSX, no port overs) and the nightfighter, etc., will be included there. The nightfighter, reconnaissance, etc. will also be available as a seperate download package, as usual.

The only thing slowing the nightfighter down is the work on the upcoming next release, where all efforts are presently being focussed. I'm not telling anyone what it is until it's complete, except to say it's an American aircraft.:)

In terms of time, the nightfighter should be out before Christmas, or even earlier, if all goes well on the present project.

I hope that answers the question!:)

Mike

CodyValkyrie
September 27th, 2008, 11:39
That looks excellent Mike. I can't wait to see more :)

MudMarine
September 27th, 2008, 12:41
:jump::applause: YES!!!:applause::jump:

PS Could it be a WildCat?

Barvan40
September 27th, 2008, 12:49
Outstanding Mike, top notch! :applause::ernae::applause:

Barry

Stickshaker
September 27th, 2008, 23:31
Looks excellent Mike! Good to hear that she’s on finals. What information are you looking for? I have he Classic Publication 4-book series on the 262 so I can try to find pictures for you. Last week I got the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="1" Minute="18">1:18</st1:time> 262 nightfighter model from 21<SUP>st</SUP> Century Toys as a present. Perhaps they have the pics that you need.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Just out of curiosity: when you are talking about experimental versions: will there also be the single-seat nightfighter version?

max_thehitman
September 29th, 2008, 14:44
Mr. Mike Cyul Thanks for posting those screenshots
Super good! :ernae:

mike_cyul
September 29th, 2008, 15:02
Looks excellent Mike! Good to hear that she’s on finals. What information are you looking for? I have he Classic Publication 4-book series on the 262 so I can try to find pictures for you. Last week I got the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:time Minute="18" Hour="1">1:18</st1:time> 262 nightfighter model from 21<SUP>st</SUP> Century Toys as a present. Perhaps they have the pics that you need.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Just out of curiosity: when you are talking about experimental versions: will there also be the single-seat nightfighter version?

Thanks everybody. :)

If you happen to find it, the info needed is the face of the FuG 120a Bernhardine miniature printer, on the right-hand console of the RO. There were several "containers" and evolutions of FuG 120a equipment during the war, but the installation on the 262B nightfighter is a mystery.

As for the single-seat nightfighter, there is one in the current FSX package. In the 262B nightfighter, there were a few differences in the pilot's cockpit from the standard day-fighter (eg. flap gauge), but as far as I understand things, the single-seat nightfighter was identical to the dayfighter - pilots just used the standard Wildsau tactics.

Mike

Stickshaker
October 5th, 2008, 00:28
Hello Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I can send you some pics of the right-hand console – can’t find the printer but perhaps you can. I’ll also send you two pictures of single-seat 262’s equipped with radar. I have the impression (without having researched it) that most, if not all, operational radar-equipped 262s were single-seaters. Can you PM me your email address?<o:p></o:p>

mike_cyul
October 5th, 2008, 05:44
No, unfortunately there were no operational single-seat 262's with radar. There were one or two prototypes and test single-seat aircraft used during development of the installation and radar systems themselves, but that's it.

However, the two-seat nightfighters were more often flown with just the pilot, due to a shortage of trained RO's, so perhaps they could be construed as single-seaters! :d And in these instances, the radar itself was not used, Wildsau tactics being the only possible method in this case.

If you have photos of the RO right console, fully equipped, all the way back to the rear bulkhead, you will be in demand in many places. :)

I'll pm you - and thanks! :)

Mike

Stickshaker
October 5th, 2008, 09:46
Mike, sent the pics to you. They are from a book, which may be much in demand, but not me. Thanks for the info in the single-seater nightfighters.

Stickshaker
December 14th, 2008, 02:45
Hello Mike, can you tell us how this project is progressing? Christmas is approaching and in a previous post you said that the planes were to be released about now.