PDA

View Full Version : Hixon Makeover screenies...

IanP
October 11th, 2008, 08:05
Following one of those offers you're highly unlikely to ever refuse, my WW2 scenery for the Bomber Command OTU station at Hixon has had a revamp, so I thought I'd put up a few screenies.

It's not available yet, because I need to bottom out a couple of very minor issues (mainly in the readme), but I kind of quite like this one.

The offer in question was for the use of and permission to distribute the buildings developed by Bill Womack for a scenery he did for a commercial add-on (most of you probably know which one!), so with a lot of artistic license and worryingly few problems, I updated the scenery to look like this. Sorry anyone who's getting sick of seeing Hixon, but it's becoming my playground for testing things and learning how to do/use things in FSX.

These screenshots use Adam Mills' European textures from Avsim, UTX Europe, HiFiSim X Graphics and the Alphasim freeware Wellington III for AI. The "player" aircraft are the Hixon repaint by Jan Kees for the A2A P-40 and the BBMF repaint for the A2A Spitfire I by John Terrell (Bomber_12th).

Ian P.

Marlin
October 11th, 2008, 09:36
Wow man, good job :ernae:

cheezyflier
October 11th, 2008, 10:17
very nice!!!

Lewis-A2A
October 11th, 2008, 10:55
WHey!

Epsillon
October 11th, 2008, 12:56
Very nice! :applause::applause::applause:

]...the BBMF repaint for the A2A Spitfire I. Sorry I can't remember who that's by offhand.[/COLOR]
This repaint was made by John Terrell aka Bomber_12th... ;)

Stephan

Panther_99FS
October 11th, 2008, 13:00
Stunning Ian! :jump:

CG_1976
October 11th, 2008, 13:13
Hi Ian,

Just wanted to let you know ive filed a req at Ukmil for a couple of MCA paints. Hope they'll honor the req, would go great with your scenery. Hixon scenery is looks smashing.:applause:

Mr.Mugel
October 11th, 2008, 13:47
That is one beautiful playground!

IanP
October 11th, 2008, 14:00
Thanks guys (and post updated, Stephan!)

Readme is now updated and version 1.2 will be up very shortly...

...like now. :)

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk

Ian P.

Carvalho
October 11th, 2008, 15:07
Great job!:applause:

IanP
October 11th, 2008, 15:23
S365 is getting tweaked as well, trying to add a bunch of Bill's Nissen huts (basically anywhere they'll fit), pushing Halesworth town away from the airfield a little and the usual collection of trucks, crates, barrels and - seeing as I only just spotted it in the library - USAF fuel trucks.

I'm going to replace the hangars with Js again - they just look too good not to use - but may keep the default tower for this one. Some of the default models in FSX are superb.

Edit: The Js are too big for the taxiway network at S365. I'll have to stick with the T.2s. Unfortunately this one will need both Ted Andrews and Bill's libraries installed to use.

Ian P.