PDA

View Full Version : Fravin Cessna 150- Works in FSX w/ Gauges!!!!!

b17lover
March 13th, 2009, 22:18
Hello eveyone. I have found a way to get the gauges working! Unfortunately, you have to uninstall Acceleration. But, here is what the panel looks like. :monkies::amen::woot::ernae:

6297J
March 14th, 2009, 00:35
There is a way to make it work even better!!

Uninstall FSX :rolleyes:

stiz
March 14th, 2009, 03:06
There is a way to make it work even better!!

Uninstall FSX :rolleyes:

but then it wouldnt work in fsx at all would it ;) :ernae:

6297J
March 14th, 2009, 03:24
but then it wouldnt work in fsx at all would it ;) :ernae:

I kind of gathered that :applause:

As much as I like the addon there is no way I would consider uninstalling Acceleration just so I could use it.
It would make more sense to re-install FS9 and make a Cessna 150 simulator (which I wouldn't do either)

cheezyflier
March 14th, 2009, 05:42
that was really cruel! i saw the title of this thread amd was lead to believe i would be able to fly one of my fav models, now in fsx! :173go1:

b17lover
March 14th, 2009, 09:53
You still can. These guys are full of it! All you have to do is unistall Acceleration!

6297J
March 14th, 2009, 10:11
I'm sure someone will find a way of doing it eventually.

(Without having to resort to drastic sim surgery :icon_lol:)

familton
March 14th, 2009, 11:36
Where can I get this plane? Thanks, regards, Bob.

chinookmark
March 14th, 2009, 11:46
Why would we have to unistall Acceleration? Is the glass not transparent?

roddymod
March 14th, 2009, 12:44
This is rubbish. Acceleration won't affect the gauges.
SP2 (which is included with Acceleration) might though.

Rod

gajit
March 14th, 2009, 13:00
Easy solution is to just buy the great Carenado 152 and pretend its a 150 :ernae:

N2056
March 14th, 2009, 13:13
This is rubbish. Acceleration won't affect the gauges.
SP2 (which is included with Acceleration) might though.

Rod

Uh...that makes no sense. SP2 is the problem, and since it is included with Acceleration then yes, Acceleration will affect the gauges! You cannot have Acceleration without SP2. The problem stems from what SP2 did with alpha layers in FS9 textures. The gauges in this plane have a reflection effect that uses an alpha layer, and I suspect that the problem could be there.

Milton Shupe
March 14th, 2009, 13:30
So why not remove the alphas or simply make the alphas black? One of the two should do it.

b17lover
March 14th, 2009, 14:30
I just found out that SP2 is the cause of the gauge problems. Why is that?

N2056
March 14th, 2009, 14:42
Many textures have in invisible layer to them known as an alpha layer. That layer contains information that the sim uses to control things like reflection, specular shine, or transparency. SP2 interprets that layer differently, so with FS9 planes you can get things like opaque glass, the clouds disappearing behind props, or gauges not displayed properly.

Lateral-G
March 14th, 2009, 15:01
There were quite a few FS9 planes that worked fine in FSX until SP2 came along...the SOH A/B-26 being one of them.

Un-installing SP2 just to get this one plane to work really isn't an option for a lot of us. Future developer's aircraft will be designed with SP2 and Acceleration in mind. Plus there are several aircraft already developed for FSX that need SP2 and Acceleration to utilize their full potential.

I know B-17lover is overly-enthusiastic WRT Fravin's C-150 but the bottom line is IT WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY IN FSX/SP2 WITHOUT AN UPDATE TO THE MODEL....PERIOD. I, as much as anyone here would like to see it work in any version of FSX but the truth is that won't happen any time soon. It's time to let it go. Enjoy it in FS9 where it was meant to be flown or be satisfied with memories of great flights you had in FS9.

-G-

b17lover
March 15th, 2009, 13:03
Thank you. I guess I will have to let it go. I uninstalled SP2. It is the airplane that I train in right now.

familton
March 15th, 2009, 21:14
It works well with SP1 only with some mods to the panel toggle gauges and removing the minus signs in the panel.cfg. I evn have added a 2d panel from another plane that works well with this VC panel. I have yet to fix some of the toggles in the VC panel. The yoke, doors, windows, glove box, and OAT toggles work OK. Regards, Bob.

Since I posted this I now have working VC toggles.

vbor
April 19th, 2009, 09:39
dude it would be great to get the 150 gauges working, i can fly it in fsx just barely making out whats on the panel