PDA

View Full Version : CaptainSim 757 and fsuipc

jimjones
March 12th, 2009, 13:01
I don't recall how the fsuipc was installed when I installed the CS757. Perhaps it automatically placed the fsuipc4.dll file in the fsx modules folder or I failed to do an actual install and placed the fsuipc4.dll file in the modules folder. I had not used fsuipc up till the CS757 install.

The result was that the A/P did not work and was unflyable when turned on. That was a couple of months ago.

Today I was fussing around with a freebie 747 that required fsuipc and could not get it to work. I deleted the fsuipc4.dll v4.3 file that came with the CS757, and did an actual install of v4.12 that came with the 747. The 747 then worked. I noticed that the modules folder then had an ini and log file in addition to the dll file.

I deleted those files and placed the v4.3 dll file into the modules folder and ran fsx. The cs757 and the 747 both worked afterward. And an ini and log file were generated in the modules folder.

So it seems it is essential to initially install fsuipc in FSX, not just place a fsuipc4.dll file in the modules folder as I had assumed. DUH. Assumptions can get one in a lot of trouble.

The fsuipc documentation explains several things that happen during the install for fsx. Apparently it sets up conditions that are required other than just the presence of the dll file in the modules folder.

The CS757 is now a real joy to fly with the A/P working.