PDA

View Full Version : How is the Warbirdsim P-51 for FSX

Spilot69
March 12th, 2009, 07:23
I was wondering how the P-51 for FSX is coming along? Any new updates? Thanks!

Odie
March 12th, 2009, 09:27
Yes, hear, hear ! As in, we wanta hear some news ! :bump:

MudMarine
March 12th, 2009, 11:07
I third this thread.......does that sound right?hehe Very excited about getting Warbirdsims 51 for FSX!:applause:

Stickshaker
March 12th, 2009, 11:20
Warbert and Bomber, help us out!

crashaz
March 12th, 2009, 12:15
Yeah I am wondering about it as well! Count me as anticipating! :wiggle:

forgeknight
March 12th, 2009, 12:28
Hmmm, this was a 100% must buy for me until A2A announced their accu-sim Pony project. Now I have to decide which way to go. Also I'm wondering how will the two compare?

deimos256
March 12th, 2009, 12:31
while it looks like a masterpiece im just not into the early mustangs, just doesnt look right sitting next to a D. Ill hold out for a2a's updated p-51d and eventually the accusim pony

gajit
March 12th, 2009, 14:14
Hmmm, this was a 100% must buy for me until A2A announced their accu-sim Pony project. Now I have to decide which way to go. Also I'm wondering how will the two compare?

Yes - I agree A2A will get my card numbers :friday:

MudMarine
March 12th, 2009, 15:04
Both will get my money. Two diffrent aircraft in my opinion. Both worth the money! Actually I'm kind of sick of D's and I'm enjoying Warbirds B and C's very much.

Bomber_12th
March 12th, 2009, 15:31
For all of those who are looking forward to the release of the Warbirdsim P-51B/C, I really, really appreciate your patience! We pride ourselves on bringing the most accurate depiction of the P-51 and will continue to do so, and with this release there have been several updates over the original FS9 release to ensure even more accuracy and detail. We are definitely on the home stretch now, though I can't say how many days there might be left to go, unfortunately. There are just a few more things to sure up in the installer and test the installation process.

Barvan40
March 12th, 2009, 16:32
Good news John, been looking forward to adding this one to the hangar. :applause:

MudMarine
March 12th, 2009, 17:21
It's always good to get honest updates.

Odie
March 12th, 2009, 17:40
For all of those who are looking forward to the release of the Warbirdsim P-51B/C, I really, really appreciate your patience! We pride ourselves on bringing the most accurate depiction of the P-51 and will continue to do so, and with this release there have been several updates over the original FS9 release to ensure even more accuracy and detail. We are definitely on the home stretch now, though I can't say how many days there might be left to go, unfortunately. There are just a few more things to sure up in the installer and test the installation process.

"More accuracy and detail?" Can we stand it? :faint:

Thanks for the update, Bomber ! The FS9 version is a delight and I'm looking forward to the FSX pony.

As for the A2A D-model pony, I'm looking forward to it as well...plenty of room in the corral for both !

Stan V.
March 12th, 2009, 18:18
How did you all interpret A2A's original announcement post about their new forthcoming P-51s? It seems to me that the words were "early variations as well as late variations". Since they are obviously starting near the beginning in their modeling, do you think they meant P-51B's and C's as well as D's and H's? The P-51's they have now (without Accusim) are only the D and H models and the modellng preview illustrations were of the latter types. Or, do you think there was a subtle bit of doubt being introduced there to preserve their market?

Stan V.

crashaz
March 12th, 2009, 22:09
I am making more room for all the Warbirds out there. So much so that I could not wait anymore for someone to make a TBD.. so I started one myself!

I really love what I saw from Warbirdsim... and everyone knows I am a A2A guy too. Enough room for everyone who makes quality add-ons.

Besides... Bomber's paintjobs... droooool.

MudMarine
March 13th, 2009, 04:58
Stan: Unfortunately some people seem to think there was only one model P-51, the D. They forget that the majority of the war was fought by B's and C's........Warbirdsim and A2A' will be completely diffrent birds. I'm looking forward to both.

DaveQ
March 13th, 2009, 09:26

Am I being dim - I can't see any announcement on the A2A website:help:

For me both are absolute must have's:friday:and it IS Friday!!!

MudMarine - the -D had largely supplanted the -B's and -C's in Europe by August 1944. The hey-day of the -B/C's only lasted from December 1943 to April/May 1944. In all nearly 10,000 -D/K's were built as opposed to less than 4,000 -B/C's. They were very different though and many pilots did prefer the -B so I understand

I shall now go and hide.......!

DaveQ

Barvan40
March 13th, 2009, 09:33
Am I being dim - I can't see any announcement on the A2A website:help:

DaveQ

Here it is Dave:

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13541&sid=e9e9fb6445dd0e29548026c5ad6b7147

Odie
March 13th, 2009, 10:08
How did you all interpret A2A's original announcement post about their new forthcoming P-51s? It seems to me that the words were "early variations as well as late variations". Since they are obviously starting near the beginning in their modeling, do you think they meant P-51B's and C's as well as D's and H's? The P-51's they have now (without Accusim) are only the D and H models and the modellng preview illustrations were of the latter types. Or, do you think there was a subtle bit of doubt being introduced there to preserve their market?

Stan V.

Hey Stan, I took it to mean that the D/H models were a given and the mention of possible early models to be a trial ballon to see if it generated any buzz amongst potential customers.

Which begs the question, if you have Bomber's B/C models, would you add A2A's B/C's to the hangar as well? Would A2A's Accusim package mated to their B/C models add enough value to have both in the hangar?

I gotta disqualify myself from those questions because I've never met a Mustang I couldn't resist buying ! (Not to slight our great Freeware/Donationware versions which automatically go into the hangar as a matter of course! Just that we were discussing Payware ponies (hey how's that for a brand name....Payware Ponies. Kinda has a ring to it, huh?).

DaveQ
March 13th, 2009, 12:16
Here it is Dave:

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13541&sid=e9e9fb6445dd0e29548026c5ad6b7147

Thanks Barry

Barvan40
March 13th, 2009, 13:17
Thanks Barry

No problem Dave. I just don't know if Lewis means early and late P-51D variants or the B and C versions The early D variant did not have the dorsal fillet, those were fitted after aircraft 44-13902 or retrofitted in the field. Some of the most photographed and thus well known D's did not have the fillet.

I know for me the Warbirdsim P-51's for FSX are a must have, as well as any P-51 A2A produces.