March 11th, 2009, 19:29
Did Piglet approve of this upload?

http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=132716

N2056
March 11th, 2009, 19:34
I highly doubt it...Nor-Cal is classic for this sort of thing :rolleyes:

Piglet
March 11th, 2009, 23:42
Actually, they asked me about something a while back, can't remember which plane, tho!:help:
But they have ripped my and others stuff a-plenty o times...:faint:

stansdds
March 12th, 2009, 02:05
Yes, Nor-Cal did port Piglet's T-28 into FSX SP2. Out of desperation I downloaded it. They made it work, more or less, but it actually took a bit of config file tweaking to gain real usefulness. Sorry Piglet, but I loved your T-28 in FS9 and just had to have it in FSX. If you ever make an FSX SP2 version, I'll gladly dump the hacked version.

Daube
March 12th, 2009, 04:12
The T-28 is one of the only Piglet's planes I had in FS9 that are not tranfered into my FSX yet.
Back in time I loved that plane for its flight model, the plane seemed heavy and underpowered, and the virtual cockpit was hard to read (too close, had to look way down to see the gauges). How does the "stock" T-28 works in FSX SP2 ? I don't care for texture problems since I know how to solve that problem, but I'm more concerned about the gauges ?

MCDesigns
March 12th, 2009, 06:08
But they have ripped my and others stuff a-plenty o times...:faint:

Nor-cal <---- :rocket:

Exactly why I never d/l anything from them (or Mark Rooks).

stansdds
March 13th, 2009, 02:54
Unfortunately, you have to mess with the power scalar setting and normalized starter torque to achieve a balance between not being able to start the engine vs. having the starter flip the plane over and crash it. I also upped the manifold max pressure to what the real engines could produce. It still seems slightly underpowered compared to what I've seen of real T-28's flying, but it's good in FSX and I think it's close enough. Maybe a bit more tweaking is needed, but I think it's good.

yago9
March 13th, 2009, 17:57
Nor-cal <---- :rocket:

Exactly why I never d/l anything from them (or Mark Rooks).

Amen to that. ..:violent: