PDA

View Full Version : Helo question

hey_moe
October 11th, 2008, 05:22
When using the defauft helo in FSX, for some reason I have never been able to take off right, the bades turn fine and as I increase the throttle it trys to lift off but never does, I am wondering if it is my CH. Conrtrols .... I have a joy stick I can install but was wondering if any of you guys have run into this....Mike

gajit
October 11th, 2008, 05:29
Hi Mike

Some basics...

Are you at full Rotor RPM?

If you have jumped from a fixed wing to the 206 - have you put back the prop to full pitch?

Checked Weight and Balance?

These sometimes catch me out!

Regards

GJ

hey_moe
October 11th, 2008, 05:37
What it does is at mid way on the throttle it trys to lift off, when I go full throttle the RPMS start to drop.:banghead:

Lateral-G
October 11th, 2008, 06:10
What it does is at mid way on the throttle it trys to lift off, when I go full throttle the RPMS start to drop.:banghead:

I had this problem in FS9. It seemed to happen whenever I did a shutdown then re-start. Or when changing aircraft before quitting the current flight.

I found I had to completely close out the sim, re-start it then load the helo I wanted to fly. Everything worked fine then.

I think it was a bug in the game code. It did it with any helo.

I haven't had the problem with FSX as of yet.

-G-

gajit
October 11th, 2008, 06:25

Ah - that sounds like lack of RPM - is the rotor RPM fully in the green before lifting.

In real life if you pull in too much pitch you get "rotor decay" and this often happens in FS 9 or X - not that any FDs can get it right - even the nemeth geniuses.

IanP
October 11th, 2008, 06:51
I believe the Dodosim B206 in FS9 modelled rotor decay, I remember making a few interesting tricks and very successfully blowing it up a few times. Autorotation was fun in it - as was getting out of a vortex ring.

Ian P.

Nick C
October 11th, 2008, 07:52
Mike, are you in the Robinson or the Bell?

gajit
October 11th, 2008, 08:07
I believe the Dodosim B206 in FS9 modelled rotor decay, I remember making a few interesting tricks and very successfully blowing it up a few times. Autorotation was fun in it - as was getting out of a vortex ring.

Ian P.

Your right Ian - Dodosim proved that FDs for helicopters could be closer to the real thing - or should I say Ring!

Marlin
October 11th, 2008, 09:31
Yep I run into this every now and then. Ctrl F4, then waiting for everything to catch up usually solves it.

Good luck

hey_moe
October 12th, 2008, 14:58
I went ahead and reinstalled the joy stick and that took care of the problem, sorry I didn't get back sooner...Mike