PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone figure this one out ??

hey_moe
March 11th, 2009, 16:27
I had to reinstall my old MB, ( had to RMA new one) but now I have a problem with BSOD and corrupt video drivers. Removed the old drivers and used a drive cleaner to get the left overs. Here is the problem now: I have 6 separate hard drives,I thought I still had a video problem but for some reason when I connect up my raid hard drives (2 WD Raptor,150) I get video corruption. If I disconnect them all is fine. I formatted and wiped both drives clean and with nothing on them I still get the same problem. Any suggestions...Mike

Awesome
March 11th, 2009, 21:09
Sounds like a lack of power. Did you also reformat your OS?

hey_moe
March 12th, 2009, 02:54
A 1200 watt power supply should be able to handle what I have and yes I did a full format.

Silver Fox
March 12th, 2009, 08:41
It does sound like a power problem Mike.

Remember that it isn't just the total power available it's the power available on each rail that matters. You might have too much draw on a single 5V or 12V rail. If your power supply tells you which rail the separate molex connectors is on try separating the vid card onto a different rail. If the PS doesn't give you a hint then maybe some random swapping might be called for. :(

hey_moe
March 12th, 2009, 15:08
The video card has 2 separate power plugs going to it, there is nothing else connected to them. Right now I have unplugged all the other hard drives and I am in the process of formatting one drive.I also unplugged some of the USB plugs. I am on a water cooled system and the pump is runs on a separate circuit from the computer. There is a relay in the computer that turns on the pump. There are 2 120mm fans inside of the computer and 3 on the radiator.It's hard to tell if the PS is breaking down so I ordered another one and it should be here Monday. I am still lost why it is doing this:help:

hey_moe
March 13th, 2009, 13:55
Update...you guys gonna slap da chet out of me when I tell ya this. After removing everything including the floppy drive,one of the DVD drives,all USB connections,PCI card,all hard drives. The only thing I had hooked up now was One DVD drive,mouse,keyboard,hard drive and video card....Yup still did the same thing....I said WTF now.....well on my old card I had all three monitors hooked up and on the center monitor it came with a dual DVI hook up. So I had the second DVI connection hooked up to the video cards extra DVI connection. Well it seems on this new card it will not let you hook up a dual monitor DVI and a digital 3 way monitor........lol...me has been going totally nuts....when you guys see me you can shoot me:monkies: right now I am throwing everything at it and seeing if it will be stable.

GT182
March 15th, 2009, 11:45
I SEE YOU........ BANG!!!!!! You asked for it Moe. ;) :costumes: