PDA

View Full Version : Cant get AVH P-40B to show up

jedimasterkyle
March 11th, 2009, 08:28
I downloaded their AVG P-40B File and for some reason, I cant get it to show up at all. I installed it like the instructions said to but I still get nothing. Any ideas?

http://avhistory.org/communityserver/files/folders/china_-_roc/entry1359.aspx

noelberrier
March 11th, 2009, 09:44
You also need a lot of stuff I suppose : effects, weapons ...

hairyspin
March 11th, 2009, 11:53
Welcome to the sometimes frustrating world of add-ons, jmk: this is one of the gotchas we all learn early on.

To have aircraft belonging to countries and air forces other than the stock CFS3 ones showing in the game, you need the Nationality Expansion Kit (NEK):-

http://www.netwings.org/library/CFS3_mods/Nationality_Expansion/ (http://www.netwings.org/library/CFS3_mods/Nationality_Expansion/)

I really think developers ought to flag this in their readmes: AvH still don't mention this anywhere on the site that I've noticed (except a posting from A N Other in their forums to this effect), and they have such fine aircraft too...

jedimasterkyle
March 11th, 2009, 12:03
Welcome to the sometimes frustrating world of add-ons, jmk: this is one of the gotchas we all learn early on.

To have aircraft belonging to countries and air forces other than the stock CFS3 ones showing in the game, you need the Nationality Expansion Kit (NEK):-

http://www.netwings.org/library/CFS3_mods/Nationality_Expansion/ (http://www.netwings.org/library/CFS3_mods/Nationality_Expansion/)

I really think developers ought to flag this in their readmes: AvH still don't mention this anywhere on the site that I've noticed (except a posting from A N Other in their forums to this effect), and they have such fine aircraft too...

Huh? Im just trying to get it to show up period. I wasnt trying to get it set on any specific nationality.

noelberrier
March 11th, 2009, 12:21
It is already set to another nationality. This is written in the <aircraft>.xdp file, which is XML file. If you don't want to bother with NEK, you'll have to edit the .xdp (with notepad for instance) and change
Country="china"
to
Country="USA"

(this line should be one of the first of the file)

but it would be a sad thing to get the AVG aircraft without the AVG theatre, don't you think ?

hairyspin
March 11th, 2009, 12:23
That's right, to get it to just show up you'll need the NEK. Same goes for their Japanese, US Marine Corps, etc aircraft. Get the NEK, install it and you can forget the problem.

Good luck!

jedimasterkyle
March 11th, 2009, 12:30
It is already set to another nationality. This is written in the <aircraft>.xdp file, which is XML file. If you don't want to bother with NEK, you'll have to edit the .xdp (with notepad for instance) and change
Country="china"
to
Country="USA"

(this line should be one of the first of the file)

but it would be a sad thing to get the AVG aircraft without the AVG theatre, don't you think ?

I was just thinking about that. Where can I get some Pacific missions? I only play quick combat so thats all I really need them for.

lightningbolt
March 11th, 2009, 14:45
If you like the pacific theater here is a whole addon for the pacific theater for CFS3 includes it's own missions, if you have the hd space it's well worth it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/~dakota/

under PTO Solomons.:kilroy:

wsmwsm
March 11th, 2009, 16:06
Even without the NEK, shouldn't all aircraft show up somewhere? I thought the default nationality was Great Britain. Is this not the case?

Capt. Winters
March 11th, 2009, 16:48
Hi Guys,

As wsmwsm says, but I'll double check tonight as well, I have found if you have a plane with say russia as the country and you dont have the NEK it will still show in the ingame aircraft list, but is in either Britian or Germany's list never in the USA list.

regards Rob.

jedimasterkyle
March 12th, 2009, 09:46
Ok...now im getting frustrated

I installed the NEK pack and the PTO solomons pack but for some reason, not all of the planes in the PTO folder are showing up. I also tried switching the AvH P-40 country to "usa" and it still didnt show up. And whats better is that the "CFS3 Solomon", "MB Solomon" and "CFS3 Solomon Config" exe files are being routed to my C: drive which is not where the game is located. Its like they were put there by default even though I made sure the installation directory said F:

The NEK pack didnt make much sense either. I ran the CFS3 game from the CD and I still had all of the old countries on there (USA, Britain, Germany). Its like the NEK pack didnt even add the countries.

I dont know what to do :angryfir:

wsmwsm
March 12th, 2009, 11:45
I downloaded the AV History P-40B and took a look at it. Two things.

1. There are two aircraft files. One is entitled "AvH-CH_P-40_Hawk-81_47" and the other "AvH_US_P-40_Hawk-81_47". Only the first one, the Chinese ("CH") Hawk, actually contains the folders (with one exception) needed to fly the aircraft. The US file is a set of empty folders.

2. There is a separate XDP file, "AvH_Hawk81_47". This file needs to be placed in the correct (Chinese) P-40 file.

If you install the correct aircraft file with the XDP file in your CFS3 aircraft folder it should show up - under Britain. I installed it in my "vanilla" CFS3 install - which does not, repeat does not include the NEK - and it appears there.

There is also a shared file which only impacts the appearance of the cockpit.

See if that works.

jedimasterkyle
March 12th, 2009, 12:06
I downloaded the AV History P-40B and took a look at it. Two things.

1. There are two aircraft files. One is entitled "AvH-CH_P-40_Hawk-81_47" and the other "AvH_US_P-40_Hawk-81_47". Only the first one, the Chinese ("CH") Hawk, actually contains the folders (with one exception) needed to fly the aircraft. The US file is a set of empty folders.

2. There is a separate XDP file, "AvH_Hawk81_47". This file needs to be placed in the correct (Chinese) P-40 file.

If you install the correct aircraft file with the XDP file in your CFS3 aircraft folder it should show up - under Britain. I installed it in my "vanilla" CFS3 install - which does not, repeat does not include the NEK - and it appears there.

There is also a shared file which only impacts the appearance of the cockpit.

See if that works.

K, I put the AvH_Hawk81_47 XDP file into the Chinese P-40 file and I still got nothing.

wsmwsm
March 12th, 2009, 12:48
K, I put the AvH_Hawk81_47 XDP file into the Chinese P-40 file and I still got nothing.

If you open up CFS3 and go to the Aircraft folder, is the Hawk listed there? Is it possible that you put the Hawk in the general CFS3 file by mistake?

Neoupa2002
March 18th, 2009, 16:25
Thank you!!!
I've been looking for the same answer and this helped me!

:woot::woot::woot: