PDA

View Full Version : Whats up? AlphaSim FSX F105D Freeware?

stovall
March 11th, 2009, 06:56
Just saw a download at Flightsim of a F-105 Thunderchief which say "This is AlphaSim's freeware release of their Republic F105 Thunderchief." I just checked the AlphaSim site and the F-105D is still for sale and not freeware. Did I miss something. In the readme in viewing the file it says the model is by Kazunori Ito with Mark Rooks doing the flighst dynamics and textures and presenting this file for download. I did not know Ito san did the model for the Alphasim F-105.

I purchased the AlphaSim F-105D when it first came out and just thought this being freeware was a bit strange. Do I dare mention piracy.

Regards, Tom

JimC1702
March 11th, 2009, 07:04
That is odd. Did Alphasim make their FS9 version available as freeware? I'm wondering if these guys updated the FS9 version for FSX?

I purchased the FSX F-105 several months ago. I've enjoyed it a lot.

Jim

stovall
March 11th, 2009, 07:11
JimC1702, that must be it, they should have added "FS9" to the quote to make things more clear. Guess I am a little protective of our designers who produce the great aircraft we use. Probably a false alarm.

Tom

Henry
March 11th, 2009, 07:16
It is Mr Ito's read me
and this is there also

Model by Kazunori Ito textures and Flight dynamics by Mark Rooks.
confusing isnt it
H

</pre>

michael davies
March 11th, 2009, 07:37
ITO hasnt modeled for AS for the ten years I've been there ?, so not sure why an AS model is being hosted as AS by ITO ?.

AS did release their old ( my build ) F-105 about the middle of last year, just before the new bells and whistle FSx version was released.

Best

Michael

Txmmy83
March 11th, 2009, 11:02
for me seems to be the old F105 Freeware ported but I havn't download so cant verify that at Moment

BR
Tom

Buddha13
March 11th, 2009, 11:42
Hi all,
If you do a search for Mark Rooks at flightsim you will find he has taken a lot of the older FS9 a/c and converted them to FSX.This I believe is the old FS9 a/c converted to FSX.

Buddha13