PDA

View Full Version : CC addition : Blenheim...

ronnybengt
October 11th, 2008, 04:10
still needs some stuff done but tnx to ndicki it is almost a done project
feedback bitte!!
R

ndicki
October 11th, 2008, 04:40
Now then...

The tailfin marking is incorrect if the fuselage roundel is right. You need to put the C-type fin flash on in place of the A-type. And the fuselage roundel is too big. Say 75% of what it is now.

Are you working from a photo? In theory, that scheme is possible, but I've never seen it.

You'll need to fiddle with the specular layer, because the underside is matt white and the horizontal surfaces are gloss. Or is it the other way round? I can never remember. Ask Jeff!

ronnybengt
October 11th, 2008, 06:19
great...tnx m8...
its a fictional scheme...
thnx for input
R

BeauBrummie
October 11th, 2008, 07:50
Very interesting mate. I'm no expert. As Nigel said, I'm fairly sure that early Blenheim's tetained their BC camo. In fact they were orinially seconded from No. 2 Group who in the early days did most of CC's low-level anti-shipping work and really got pasted. I'm not sure if it was the MkI's, but they also emplyed them with the gunpack (ala nightfighter type) to shoot up e-boats, blockade runners flying boats whatever.
Beau

ronnybengt
October 11th, 2008, 08:04
maby mkIVs????

R

ndicki
October 11th, 2008, 09:51
Some, not all, MkIs were repainted in the 1st pattern CC scheme, ie the temperate land scheme, but in dark sea grey, slate grey and sky. As the one I did for Reg's. As far as I can tell, none were painted in the 2nd type scheme - this one. But it's a fun idea! By the way, have you got the GC decals sets? A must! If you hunt around at Reg's in the GC section - Garage Corner? - you'll find them.

BeauBrummie
October 11th, 2008, 10:44
CC only tended to use the white scheme for it's GR (General Reconnaissance) patrol aircraft. The strike aircraft like the Beau's and Mossie Strike wings up to '45 kept the more traditional camo schemes. But as Nigel says a fun idea.

Beau

ndicki
October 12th, 2008, 00:26
Jeff, some MkVs were painted in the GR scheme - check your Osprey "Blenheim Squadrons", profile 38; admittedly, it was pretty rare!

ronnybengt
October 12th, 2008, 05:45
@ndicki..yes i think i have em....cheers a nd thank you m8

R

BeauBrummie
October 12th, 2008, 09:04
Jeff, some MkVs were painted in the GR scheme - check your Osprey "Blenheim Squadrons", profile 38; admittedly, it was pretty rare!

It figures that CC were given the MkV's as no-one else were impressed with them, but I did not know that, thanks Nigel.

Jeff

ndicki
October 13th, 2008, 21:52
:d :d

NachtPiloten
October 14th, 2008, 04:29
CC Liberators of all types. Please include aerials for ASV if possible.

BeauBrummie
October 14th, 2008, 06:08
I'll have a look Ted. Does

Beau

ronnybengt
October 14th, 2008, 07:25
...this sound very good....m8.....google on callvert n coke

R

swpierce
October 14th, 2008, 08:24
CC Liberators of all types. Please include aerials for ASV if possible.

http://www.rafweb.org/Menu.htm

This site has profiles if you know the squadron, under "Equipment".

ndicki
October 14th, 2008, 10:56
http://www.rafweb.org/Menu.htm

This site has profiles if you know the squadron, under "Equipment".

The only thing is that they are generally "style" aircraft, not profiles of actual aircraft flown by the squadron. Note the absence of serial numbers - a dead give-away. Sometimes, though, you get lucky. It's a good place to start, to see if this or that squadron was here or there, and what with, but it doesn't go much further.

swpierce
October 14th, 2008, 12:09
The only thing is that they are generally "style" aircraft, not profiles of actual aircraft flown by the squadron. Note the absence of serial numbers - a dead give-away. Sometimes, though, you get lucky. It's a good place to start, to see if this or that squadron was here or there, and what with, but it doesn't go much further.

That's true. My suggestion was more as a reference for aerial placement since their profiles appear to be pretty good.