PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Sim Constellation Conversion Files

OBIO
October 11th, 2008, 01:23
In just a tad, I will be uploading a package containing the files needed to convert the recently released to freeware Alpha Sim Constellaton pack. This upload will give you the needed files to make the conversion only (Model, Air, Config files). You will need to download and install the original Constellation package from the SOH/Combatfs library. I was going to upload the entire shebang..but being on a much slower internet connection, it would have taken hours...and taken up a good chunk of space on the server to boot.

Read my instructions in the package...it's really a straight forward process. And I suggest replacing the AS sounds with the B-29 sound pack by Lawdog.

NOTE: I did not include a DP file. If you want a DP file, I would think that the one from Gnoopey's B-29 would be a good choice. I have addressed this issue in my read me file: failure to follow the advice there will cause CFS2 problems if you do add a DP file to these planes as CFS2 does not like multiple DP files with the same name.

OBIO

erufle
October 11th, 2008, 03:37
Cool. I'll do this one, being raised in the cockpit of a Connie an all. The following story will tell you all a lot about me.

It was around 2 or 3 AM. I remember being an earth bound lad of about 6 years when dad began racing the engines of the white and red striped Connie. This was an especially feminine plane with a narrow waist, a chest that jutted out, and a tail with three well shape fins. The tail never reminded me of a big behind as it may have some. Instead it was like two well formed buttocks with a perfectly straight crack down the middle. No cellulite here. I was sitting in the co-pilot's seat looking out the windshield, just dad and I. I probably wasn't supposed to be there, but there were few people around Mid-Continent Airport in the early 60s at night. Dad probably figured this was his chance to impress his only son. He said, "Hang onto the yoke son." Then, he let the glorious and curvaceously sexy piece of machinery loose down the runway. I felt myself being pulled back into the seat by a growing force. It was as if I was sitting in my mother's lap and she was begining to grasp me more tightly because something bad was about to happen, only I continued to sink deeper and deeper into the padded chair. As the engines continued to scream, my heart raced, eyes grew wide, and my bladder weakened. I was so frightend I couldn't help but yell out, "Dad, please make it stop." Just as I thought we would launch into space he pulled the throttles back, thus relaxing the 4 torque producing beasts that made the wings twist in the darkness. "Thank God" I said to myself.

Afterward, I asked dad why we did it, kind of hoping we never had to do it again. After all, I did rather enjoy going to work with him at the Wichita airport, but the excitement was a bit much at my tender age. He explained the airplanes could not simply sit idle overnight, they had to be taxied.

This fortunate experience repeated itself 3 or 4 more times during my childhood. The last time was in a jet of some type, probably a 707 or DC 9. Dad didn't have the training or license to taxi the jet so somebody else came along with us and piloted the plane. Such is my favorite memory of my father, and also the reason why I am a Sim-Outhouse member.

Jagdflieger
October 11th, 2008, 10:27
She's up and ready to download.

Thanks!

kelticheart
October 14th, 2008, 01:31
Thank you Obio, you saved me a lot of work.....! :d

Cheers!
KH :ernae: