PDA

View Full Version : I got lost!

Lionheart
March 10th, 2009, 00:35
Flew tonight in the 172SP in the Photoreal Demo scenery of Scottsdale, which raps around some mountains..

Thought I was doing good, making a route around them, and the scenery sort of blended and the next thing I know is I am up around Payson...

arrghh..

And this is with photo real scenery and a person that knows the state!!! lol..

I was running low on fuel, trying to loop back around to Scottsdale, but in going around mountains, ended up going North by Northeast. Found Payson before running out of Fuel..

Cool map!

Some pics.....

Bill

harleyman
March 10th, 2009, 01:21
Man, it sucks to get lost going home huh Bill? LOL :caked:

JimC1702
March 10th, 2009, 02:59
Great pics!

Glad you got back on the ground safely.

Jim

Lionheart
March 10th, 2009, 12:00
Its wierd. Never happened to me before. I like to be as realistic a pilot as possible, and thought I would recognise the mountains. I was careful to only make left turns on my venture. I was distracted by one lake, and that is what threw me off my bearings..

arrghh.

I would like to point out that desert.... Looks like desert, doesnt it..

:d

Bill

harleyman
March 10th, 2009, 12:36
Its wierd. Never happened to me before. I like to be as realistic a pilot as possible, and thought I would recognise the mountains. I was careful to only make left turns on my venture. I was distracted by one lake, and that is what threw me off my bearings..

arrghh.

I would like to point out that desert.... Looks like desert, doesnt it..

:d

Bill

Yes it does.....Plainly so............:gossip: :typing:

grunau_baby
March 10th, 2009, 13:00
Those X-Plane shots do not look bad at all. Still thinking about taking the plunge, too, but did not find it at my local retailers yet. Moreover I think IŽll spent even more time in front of the screen than I do allready...what a dilemma:help:

Alex

Lionheart
March 10th, 2009, 15:10
Hey Alex,

Its a pretty steap jump. Its a totally different sim. If you are able to go from CFS to FS, you can probably do ok, but the keyboard is totally diff from FS. Everything is laid out totally different..

Bill