PDA

View Full Version : Joystick problem

safn1949
March 9th, 2009, 17:04
I am posting this here also because so many people will see it,I can't get my Logitech extreme 3D pro to work on CFS 1,it works fine on CFS 2.....latest software updates,go to settings,it's there,calibrate ,everything works,go to play and it keeps saying the joystick settings have changed from (jibberish) to (jibberish) doesn't even make sense just odd symbols.I hope someone can help,thanks.

32 bit Vista
laptop so no vidcard

jbtate
March 10th, 2009, 00:40
Do a site search.
"CFS, Vista, joystick" several pages ... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=5687&highlight=CFS1%2C+Vista%2C+joystick
Might find something that works.
jbtate

safn1949
March 10th, 2009, 06:22
Well it looks like the key is to replace the Vista CombatFs.CFG file with a Windows 98 Combatfs file,so anyone have one they would post?

Losing my manners,thanks for the help jbate.:friday:

safn1949
March 11th, 2009, 10:13
heres the deal,when you go to settings and configure the joystick it shows everthing is working but in settings,customize controller there is nothing there.The consensus is that it is the combat cfg file and buddha 13 is sending me his file to try,any other ideas would be great so we can solve this problem for everyone.I will let you know if the XP cfg file works.

RAAF453_Wolfe
March 27th, 2009, 18:45
I run XP, and use the Logitech extreme 3d, but never had your problem. Does Vista have the compatibility function that XP does? If so, right click on the program in question, open the compatibility tab and choose 98se. Had to do that with my CFS1 once to get it to load up. May be the same thing with the logitech.

PomBee
March 28th, 2009, 07:24
If Buddha's XP cfg works, could it be posted here to help those of us who have had the misfortune to be forcibly upgraded to bl*&%y Vista and are now having all sorts of grief. I would be most grateful if it were possible.

Cheers,

PomBee.:banghead:

safn1949
March 28th, 2009, 11:01
If Buddha's XP cfg works, could it be posted here to help those of us who have had the misfortune to be forcibly upgraded to bl*&%y Vista and are now having all sorts of grief. I would be most grateful if it were possible.

Cheers,

PomBee.:banghead:
It didn't work for me,I am on the road on vacation without my joystick,so I will not be able to try what was suggested in the cfs1 forum.CFS2 works fine,it is only CFS1.