PDA

View Full Version : For our Canadian Friends

NachtPiloten
March 9th, 2009, 16:23
A few more days and she'll be up here at SOH.

mongoose
March 9th, 2009, 16:27
Ted: great :applause::applause:, but I know your secret; you just want more a/c for the NJ to shoot down.:kilroy:

gosd
March 9th, 2009, 20:35
Very nice inded!:applause::applause:

Pat Pattle
March 9th, 2009, 22:41
Nice one Ted! :applause::applause::applause: Thankyou.

Frosty
March 10th, 2009, 00:10
For our Canadian Friends

Will it also be available for friends of Canadians?? ;)

It's a great model Nacht!!!

Capt. Winters
March 10th, 2009, 02:50
Hi Guys,

Nice one Ted, you werent kidding when you said you had a quick way of making the MkII (BII)..

great job, :ernae:

regards Rob.

NachtPiloten
March 10th, 2009, 04:53
Yes, you a correct the more the skies are filled with BC aircraft the better the hunting:applause:.

Seriously, making the Mk2 was no big deal. The nacelles had to be enlarged and reshaped a bit, the cowls and other pieces were available from the Halifaxes so I just did what the Brits did.

When you make variants of a base model the work is not that bad. It is making the first model that is the pain in the ..... oh, labour of love :friday:

Nonato
March 10th, 2009, 06:05
Hi Guys,

Nice one Ted, you werent kidding when you said you had a quick way of making the MkII (BII)..

great job, :ernae:

regards Rob.

@ Capt.
You have PM

Cheers

Nonato

Led Zeppelin
March 10th, 2009, 09:14
beautifull, once again! Amazing job.

Tailwind
March 10th, 2009, 10:25
Thank you.

Very nice indeed:ernae:

TW

one-eye
March 10th, 2009, 15:45
RCAF Thank you - fine work , eh.

eddie
March 22nd, 2009, 00:26
What is the status of this Lanc?:)

Capt. Winters
March 22nd, 2009, 00:39
Hi eddie,

it hasnt been uploaded to the SOH yet, but there is one included in the latest ETO patch 1.20 along with a heap of other planes built by Ted.

regards Rob.

popsaka
March 22nd, 2009, 03:50
Hey, thanx, TK... and the hits just keep on comin'...:ernae:

loverboy1
March 22nd, 2009, 08:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nV8gn-gaLw&feature=related

flashgordon
March 22nd, 2009, 13:28
Whilst converting my fleet of Lancs to ETO standard I tried to find out more about the particular a/c where little information was given with the original skin.

In the case of the 46th Design RCAF skins for the FP MkI/III I found that some should have been applied to MkIIs as a number of the 301 built were supplied to the RCAF particularly 408 squadron between August 1943 to June 1944.

Some of these sources also state that most MkIIs were fitted with the FN64 2 gun ventral turret and bulged bombay doors. Apparently all Mks of Lancs had fittings for the FN64 but few were so fitted. On non bulged Lancs the drag factor of the turret plus its extra weight and that of the additional gunner led to it's non fitment. Aiming through the periscope sight was extremely difficult whilst few gunners could use it without becoming air sick.

The H2s radar dome used the ventral turret aperture.

A later more useful development had the interesting code name of 'Village Inn'. This was a radar-aimed rear gun turret fitted to some Lancasters in 1944:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_Inn_(codename (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_Inn_%28codename))