PDA

View Full Version : What a F-up this was

hey_moe
March 9th, 2009, 03:10
I updated my system and decided to get a OCing MB to see what trouble I can get into. Also brought 8gig on the new DDR ram too,high end processor...you know the works. With 20 minutes of the install the MB bit the dust. Boxed her up, send it back and went through all kinds of BS to get the seller to exchange. I finally has to get Amazon involved to get a full refund. Brought the same MB at Newegg. Got everything up and running and started tweaking and OCing. Got it to where I wanted it and been playing with it and enjoying the speed and new toy. Decide tp replace the keyboard and ordered a new Bluetooth wireless from Logitech. It came in the other day and when I got home from work tried to wake up the pooter...nuthin but a blank screen...lol. Oh boy, now what. I did the usually stuff and then replaced the processor,memory and video card.No glory. How could another MB be bad. Packed it up and sent her away. Saturday night installed my old MB and guess what...same thing. To make a long story short I had a bad ATX pin. That power plug was at the top of the MB. I don't know what made me start looking at the pins but it looked like when they crimped the pin the wire wasn't skinned far enough back to make a good connection. I would have never believed that that would cause the video card to keep say No Video Connection.BTW my old video card was bad too. When I finally figured it out I installed my old card and it wouldn't show the screen. I am now waiting for the replacement board. Goes to show ya anything is possible when it comes to pooters.

GT182
March 9th, 2009, 14:11
What did you get for a MB?

When I built this computer 3 years ago... it could be 4 years, not sure(CRS)..... I went thru 3 Asus P4P800-E Deluxe boards before I got one that worked. All bought thru NewEgg. I've never tried to overclock the CPU tho as it's a P4 3.2GB processor. It's been faithful all this time.... knock on wood.

hey_moe
March 9th, 2009, 17:00
Look at my sig at the bottom of my thread.
What did you get for a MB?

When I built this computer 3 years ago... it could be 4 years, not sure(CRS)..... I went thru 3 Asus P4P800-E Deluxe boards before I got one that worked. All bought thru NewEgg. I've never tried to overclock the CPU tho as it's a P4 3.2GB processor. It's been faithful all this time.... knock on wood.

GT182
March 9th, 2009, 18:54
Duh.... yep there it is. Never thought to look in yer sig Moe. Busy trying to type and keep the grandson from pushing keys too. :redface:

2 year olds can be quicker than a po'd rattlesnake. Don't ask me how he did it, but he shutdown the computer last week from the keyboard. Never seen it done, never heard of it being done, and didn't think it could be done. He did do it tho.