PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy CFS2?

Lionheart
March 9th, 2009, 03:07
Hey guys,

So, seeing the popularity polls on various sims and how CFS2 is so highly rated, I was wondering where I might purchase this?

I see its not at NewEgg.com. Any recommendations?

I noticed FS2004 isnt there either. I hope MS isnt stopping sales (production of products) on these great titles..

Bill

Lionheart
March 9th, 2009, 03:13
I found a ton of sealed packages (new) at Ebay.

:d

Good to go...

Bill

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 03:19
Good on ya Bill, I was going to say, check the bargain discount bins at Game Copy, etc. I found an extra CFS2 for $9.99 and snatched it. Ditto FS 2004, look for them in bargain bins.

Caz

Lionheart
March 9th, 2009, 03:55
Good on ya Bill, I was going to say, check the bargain discount bins at Game Copy, etc. I found an extra CFS2 for $9.99 and snatched it. Ditto FS 2004, look for them in bargain bins.

Caz

Thanks Caz,

I'll do that.

I was just sitting here realising that Carrier landings (FSX Accelleration) are nothing new to FS.. They had carriers in CFS2 years ago!

Going to look forward to checking it out.

Bill

spotlope
March 9th, 2009, 05:51
I used to have a blast with CFS2. The only thing stopping me from grabbing those green discs and loading it up again is the lack of support for TrackIR. If some clever person figures out how to hook that up somehow, I'm so there! Enjoy, Bill. It's a great sim, still.

Prowler1111
March 9th, 2009, 05:54
..and you just answered the 64Mill question on .."Why does MS doesn´t release the CFS2 code to the comunity?":woot:

Prowler

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 06:41
Thanks Caz,

I'll do that.

I was just sitting here realising that Carrier landings (FSX Accelleration) are nothing new to FS.. They had carriers in CFS2 years ago!

Going to look forward to checking it out.

Bill

Lawd have mercy, I wish I could dig back in those Helicon years and find the screenshot when I hovered Piglet's CFS2 Storch over the carrier deck. Carrier was moving at like 29-30 knots. It was a hoot! :woot:

Bet the screenshot isn't but 800 X 600........LOL

But what I still enjoy best about CFS2 is the same as what I enjoy about CFS3, the ability to have World War One simulation within the sim.

OFF is great, but there is a hit in fps. CFS2 is out-of-this-world fast! I have all the WW I sceneries, the planes, a device to make all my WW I planes AI for Quick Combat. Sometimes you just have to send another lad to Heaven before you can rest at night! :icon31::rocket::pop4:

Caz

cheezyflier
March 9th, 2009, 07:01
last year i went to "the source" a branch of circuit city here in sunny canadia. i bought cfs3 but there was a disc missing. they refunded my $$ and gave me cfs2 for free. i could have gotten fs2002 as well, but i turned it down.

MCDesigns
March 9th, 2009, 07:46
I used to have a blast with CFS2. The only thing stopping me from grabbing those green discs and loading it up again is the lack of support for TrackIR. If some clever person figures out how to hook that up somehow, I'm so there! Enjoy, Bill. It's a great sim, still.

CFS2 was my first sim and I LOVED IT!! I eventually ported most of FS2000 (default city scenery and landscape) into it before going to FS2002, LOL.

If the water and the landscape/autogen were like FSX, I'd still be flying it.

noddy
March 9th, 2009, 09:06
Many happy hours online flying and shooting of course.

stiz
March 9th, 2009, 10:35

they pitch, tilt, move and fire at you as well :whistle:

Nick C
March 9th, 2009, 11:22
CFS2 is a waste of space compared to CFS1

:tgun2: CFS2

Mind, I don't fly CFS1 anymore, like Bill, I can't live without Track IR anymore!

Lionheart
March 9th, 2009, 13:09
CFS2 is a waste of space compared to CFS1

:tgun2: CFS2

Mind, I don't fly CFS1 anymore, like Bill, I can't live without Track IR anymore!

Oh man... I love CFS1!

Brilliant! I will never get rid of that one...

I used to have probably 50 to 100 addon planes in that. My faves were the Heinkel flying wing with twin Jumo turbines, and the Me-163 Komet.

Those were the days....

Bill

Nick C
March 9th, 2009, 13:17
They were the nights too Bill! Used to fly with the 341st squad on the Zone far too much and we could tear it up with the best of them.

crashaz
March 9th, 2009, 13:31
There have been a ton of addon's since the heyday of CFS2... dare I say it will take you months to find,install and enjoy them all. Most of them are :woot: found here of course. SOH carries the CFS2 flag higher here than anywhere else on the Internet.

smilo
March 9th, 2009, 13:34
those are still the days, Bill.
yesterday we had 14 pilots flying the Dambuster Mission in
CFS Multi-Player.
'twas quite a kick in the pants seeing all of those Lancasters clipping along at 100 feet off the deck.
when we got to the Dam at Moehne, one of the guys was set up in the center of the dam with TG2, so we had a destroyable target that shot back at us.
Great fun, to say the least.

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 13:40
One of my favorites in CFS1 was a Do-335 with proximity rockets set at about 1000-ft. (from me) LOL.

Send a lot of Yank bombers to their fate with that one I did.

Caz

Nick C
March 9th, 2009, 14:16
My trick was to skim over the Ark Royal inverted, half barrel roll, half loop, slow down as you come to the top of the loop, take another half roll while you lower the gear, flaps and drop the tailhook, then come down to land on the deck. :amen:

OBIO
March 9th, 2009, 21:43
Lionheart

If you get a copy of CFS2 (and I encourage you to do so), make sure to grab Rhumbafloppy's new world mesh...he just uploaded an LOD8 set which I have not tried yet. I am using his LOD7 world mesh in CFS2 and FS2004...a huge improvement in both sims.

There are tons and tons of aircraft, missions, campaigns to be had for CFS2. And frame rates through the roof!

I used to have a horrible track record of carrier landings in CFS2. Then I got FS2004 and went through the flight training and got some edumacazion on glide slopes and such...now I trap like a pro. And CFS2 carriers move, wobble, buck, rock. And if you replace the stock carriers with the improved ones, which are much more accurately scaled (meaning SMALLER) and have much more realistic behavior, trapping takes on a whole new level of difficulty.

The other day, I was flying the stock campaign from the Japanese side of the war, and as I was coming in to land on my carrier, there was a destroyer directly behind the carrier...not real close, but close enough that the mast stuck up into my glide slope. I had to pull up over the mast, then only had about 600 yards to get back into my slope to trap a wire. Hard enough to do in a healthy, intact plane, but even harder when the tip of the right wing was chewed up and partly gone.

OBIO