PDA

View Full Version : Runway textures

Fibber
March 8th, 2009, 21:50
Installed some of the 2TAF and Achim airfields and none of them are showing asphalt/concrete runways. They all appear to be sand/coral.
I checked in the scenerydb/runways/texture and all I seem to have are the PTO textures. I also checked in the info folder and the same results. Am I missing some textures here that I should have?
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before but ..... I know 2004/FS9 planes won't work here but will their runway textures work?

OBIO
March 8th, 2009, 23:18
Look in the main CFS2/Textures folder for Concrete.bmp and concrete.r8, asphalt.r8, runway00.r8 through runway04.r8. These are the stock runway textures...along with the dirt, coral, mesh ones.

OBIO

dog1
March 9th, 2009, 01:47
FIBBER

those runways are meant to be that way because thats how they really were.check some historical photographs.
dog1

Fibber
March 9th, 2009, 05:48
Yo dog!
These are EUROPEAN THEATER of OPERATIONS fields I am asking about! I am hard pressed to find airfields of crushed coral in England! Talk about high shipping costs!
The bomber command airfields were by necessity made of concrete and asphalt.

Fibber
March 9th, 2009, 05:54
Obio;
I seem to have the first parts , but am missing these, runway00.r8 through runway04.r8. where on the installation disk would they be?

sc7500
March 9th, 2009, 12:39
I seem to have the first parts , but am missing these, runway00.r8 through runway04.r8. where on the installation disk would they be?

Those files are also found in your Combat Flight Simulator 2\Textures folder.

If they're missing, one of us can send them as a zip file ~ not very big at all.

SC

achim27619
March 9th, 2009, 13:51
Fibber,

as far as I recall I didn' t use any of the stock runways at all. All you need comes with my texture folders and to make life easy for cfs2 one should copy the textures and drop them into the root Texture folder.

Cheers

Achim

Fibber
March 9th, 2009, 14:22
Achim;
That is what I had thought. I had the bases all working correctly until some gremin hit my ETO and it went belly up. Now that I have re-installed all I seem to have are coral and sand runways.

Sc7500;
If you have them ( or anyone) please zip to me. Pretty , pretty please!:ernae:

sc7500
March 9th, 2009, 14:34
One set of stock runways for your pleasure...

Don't forget to remove [.pdf] from the end of the filename !

Best
SC
:kilroy:

Fibber
March 9th, 2009, 14:36
:woot::rapture::applause::jump::wave: