PDA

View Full Version : Wooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!

Lionheart
March 8th, 2009, 20:31
Hey guys,

Dang.. We have an XP9 forum!

Lets make this sim fly!!!!!!!!

:ernae: :applause: :ernae:

Thanks Ickie and all the staff at SOH for making this happen.. I know I for one really appreciate it..

Bill

Gdavis101
March 8th, 2009, 20:39
Glad to see it. Thanks!

Lionheart
March 8th, 2009, 20:52
Gene,

Maybe you could do a tutorial here on how you did your photo real scenery!?

I would be greatful.

Bill

GT182
March 9th, 2009, 14:33
Great to see the new forum.

I saw X-Plane 9 the other day for 29.99 at Game Stop. Might just have to invest in it at that price. ;)

Pepere
March 9th, 2009, 16:24
I like the color of the forum!

David

JimC1702
March 10th, 2009, 06:37
I'm really glad to have this new forum here. There is really no X-Plane activity at either Avsim or Flightsim.com. And the forum at x-plane.org is slow and it seems if you're coming from MSFS you're considered a lepper.

Here it seems like we're all pretty much at the same level, dabbling in X-Plane and seeing what it has to offer. Comparisons to MSFS are fair, but both are different and each has it's positives and negatives. No bashing required.

SOH has become my #1 stop for everything flight sim related. Things seem to have really fallen off at Avsim since the software change.

Anyway, thanks again for the whole SOH forum and the X-Plane forum in particular.

Jim

Pepere
March 10th, 2009, 16:32
Jim isn't obvious - we have to behave ourselves in from of the police! :caked:

David :wave:

JimC1702
March 10th, 2009, 17:32
Nah, I'm retired. Party on!

Jim

GT182
March 10th, 2009, 18:41
Nah, I'm retired. Party on!

Jim

Ok..... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/3gears.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/3gears.gif

;)

Mithrin
March 11th, 2009, 03:30
Definitely good to have this place!

CH_OldZeke
March 12th, 2009, 06:47
Ohhhh, now this is good :)
With some nice addons I may actualy start flyin this sim rather than just havein it on the HD.

aairon
March 12th, 2009, 19:50
The thing I find the most different is how smooth it is. The frame rates are unreal, I thought that the lack of eye candy (MSFSX) would detract, but the smoothness makes the immersion much more intense, plus the planes fly like real planes not like an arcade game feel that I get with FSX. I love that this forum has been added.:applause:

Lionheart
March 12th, 2009, 21:17
The thing I find the most different is how smooth it is. The frame rates are unreal, I thought that the lack of eye candy (MSFSX) would detract, but the smoothness makes the immersion much more intense, plus the planes fly like real planes not like an arcade game feel that I get with FSX. I love that this forum has been added.:applause:

Yep...

Thats what I cant figure out.. .

And autogen can be cranked up to a hilarious level (I think its called Crazy setting), and it still runs smooth...

Bill