PDA

View Full Version : 'Who Followed Atlanta Today?'

Panther_99FS
March 8th, 2009, 15:04
Was it my imagination or was Gordon fastest when he was complaining about his car being loose?

If this is true, it's a shame then because he obviously got slower as it was tightened up....

EasyEd
March 8th, 2009, 19:50
Hey All,

I saw it off and on. I didn't hear Gordon complain but as a rule "loose is fast" if you can hang onto it like Kyle or Carl or even Robby. Some drivers don't like it - Jeff is one. I think watch out for that blue two all year as the new dodge engine package looks pretty good and it looks like Kurt's crew has a handle on it.

Note 4 races in a row now over 43 cars trying to get in each one and no manufacturers left the sport. Earlier Wombat said that wouldn't happen as the year wears on - we'll see. Sorta shows the contrast between American NASCAR and F1 - for sure. Also noted on CNN about a week ago that an all American team was planning to join F1 in 2010. Now that would be interesting as among the names mentioned as drivers were Danica and Kyle. Anybody know any more about this?

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
March 8th, 2009, 19:58
EasyEd
Definitely, loose is fast...(hence my post) :)

Danica in all likely hood will be in NASCAR next year - especially since her road course skills are slightly above average as indicated by her road/street results in the IRL...

I would love to see Kyle get a REAL F1 test though...:)

wombat666
March 8th, 2009, 23:46
EasyEd
Definitely, loose is fast...(hence my post) :)

Danica in all likely hood will be in NASCAR next year - especially since her road course skills are slightly above average as indicated by her road/street results in the IRL...

I would love to see Kyle get a REAL F1 test though...:)

Having seen Ms Patrick doing it in the streets of Surfers Paradise I'd say her road course 'skills' are well below average.
Be interesting to see Busch get a test, if for no other reason than to underline the fact that one doesn't jump out of a NASCAR into an Effwun car without prior open wheel experience.
And FWIW, the much hyped Peter Windsor F1 team will never get off the ground.
Consider the economy at 'home' for a minute, 33,000 American workers lost their jobs each day in the month of February alone.
Where is the money coming from to fund another back marker team?
I'll get orf me soapbox now ..... :kilroy:

And a PS: "Earlier Wombat said that wouldn't happen as the year wears on - we'll see."
Early days yet Ed, and when all is said and done, NASCAR is the same as our Supercar Series, both are just 'Domestic' Taxi-cab racing.
As for Effwun, it provides me with a constant source of amusement, the 'Monty Python Show on Wheels."
:173go1:

EasyEd
March 9th, 2009, 18:12
Hey All,

Be interesting to see Busch get a test, if for no other reason than to underline the fact that one doesn't jump out of a NASCAR into an Effwun car without prior open wheel experience.
And FWIW, the much hyped Peter Windsor F1 team will never get off the ground.

Couple comments... OK more than a couple...

1) Seems as if you can't get out of an open wheel car and succeed in NASCAR either - ask Juan Pablo or a host of others.
2) If any driver in recent history can make the jump - NASCAR to open wheel - Kyle is it (since Tim and Davey are dead). I'd love to see Kyle try/have an opportunity.
3) I have no idea if the Peter Windsor (is that who it is?) team will go anywhere but I'd love to see them compete. It disappoints me a little (I'm a Nissan/MoPar guy when it comes to cars) that Honda is their backer but... any port in a storm. I'd love to see a truly American team... since so much of F1 technology is American anyway.
4) Go Danica! Sorry but she is hawt - car or not. Just don't let Marco or Scott anywhere near an American F1 car.
5) Taxi cab racing is alive and well in the USA. I'll predict that one day Taxi Cab racing will be a worldwide phenomena.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
March 9th, 2009, 20:30
1) Seems as if you can't get out of an open wheel car and succeed in NASCAR either - ask Juan Pablo

In defense of Montoya,
That team was garbage before Montoya arrived and is still a mid-pack team at best.....

Ferry_vO
March 10th, 2009, 03:22
Apparently Kyle is interested, but he wants to win the NASCAR sprint cup first. Danica denies having had any contact with USGPE (They had to change the name of the team) and Mario hopes his grandson gets a chance. Marco is a steady race driver, but not so good in qualifying as we have seen this year in the A1GP.

Ed, if you want to see European 'taxi cab racing', do a search for the German DTM or the WTCC. The DTM cars are look-a-likes of Audi and Mercedes cars, but made of carbon fibre and with a big V8, while the WTCC are stock cars with a two litre engine. Pretty close racing on various road courses.
Oval racing is not part of the European race culture, and when asked most race fans here will tell you they find it boring to watch cars go round in a circle for three hours. There are only two major ovals here that I know of; Rockingham in the UK and the Lausitzring in Germany.

A few screenies of DTM cars in GTR2 and WTCC cars in GTR Evo:

wombat666
March 10th, 2009, 04:03
Ed, I think you are under the impression that I'm a Formula 1 'Fan'.
FTR, I'm not ............:hand: