PDA

View Full Version : Gmax Setup help

CG_1976
March 8th, 2009, 14:31
I have Gmax 1.2 installed and would like to use Gmax for scenery design objects and helos and AC's. What or how to I get it to be ready for Fs9 and or FSX?

Milton Shupe
March 8th, 2009, 16:20
The first three steps might be:

1. Learn the gmax tool for design (Tutorials and Help)
2. Learn how to design for the targeted game ... in this case flight sim (SDK's)
3. Learn how to export to Flight sim

Assuming that you haven't already, ensure that you have also installed the Tutorials and Help for GMax.

You will need to go through the tutorials to get familiar with GMax and its tools (if you are new to gmax).

Then I would download the pertinent MS SDK's as they are critical resource for your use and progress. Designing for FS requires that you use "keywords" or "tags" for animation and other functions. The SDK's list these tags for you and explain their function.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555857/en-us

That would be a great starting point.

You also will have example scenes and aircraft installed with gmax that the SDK's will use or reference when you go through scenery or MakeMDL for explanation.

I hope this helps.

CG_1976
March 8th, 2009, 16:23
Thank You for the link and advice.

Milton Shupe
March 8th, 2009, 16:32
Feel free to ask anything, anytime, anywhere. Designers hang out everywhere and you can always get advice or direction if you ask.

It is great to see your interest in design and possibly contributing to the FS community. It is most rewarding.

Best of luck.