PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplane Heaven Spit 2-seater Repaints

Flyboy208
October 10th, 2008, 18:17
Are there any new skins for this freeware release? Mike :wavey:

huub vink
October 11th, 2008, 01:03
Are there any new skins for this freeware release? Mike :wavey:

Not that I'm aware of. There are some done for the payware two-seater, but this is a totally different model with a different texture lay-out.

Huub

Cazzie
October 11th, 2008, 02:44
Are there any profiles references thereabout Huub? When the season hits, I might be uop for a spin.

Just because I have FSX (and it performs fine), doesn't in the least mean I am ever giving up my 30 "constant" fps full right sliders FS9. I have all the necessities for it too. Uh-uh, no way. I still fly FS9 for real world flying, I fly FSX for short ventures. I did get LilSki's Aeronca Champs in FSX. It wasn't a texture issue at all, it was a DX issue. I had DX10 Preview checked and the Champ textures did not recognize DX10. I unchecked the DX10 Preview, then closed and reopened FSX in DX9 mode. All was there and in fine shape. Flight Dynamics seem no different than in FS9. One can get the preview window for the pilot, co-pilot, and spats, but the images of these do not show up in FSX, you can still figure it out and check the appropriate 'blank' box.

Oh well, I'm up early to feed out beasts. Around nine of us are meeting this morning ay 9:00 for a 35-40 mile ride. It's going to be a beautiful Autumn day.

Caz

paul day
October 11th, 2008, 04:34
Go to Classic British Files and search for spitfire, there is a nice light blue twin seat spitfire SpitfireG-AIDN.zip

Regards Paul Day.

huub vink
October 11th, 2008, 14:07
Cazzie,

If you would like to do the one below I would be obliged!

There are quite some pictures from real Spitfire T9s available at Airliners. You can find them here (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?a=1&keywords=Spitfire%20t9&keywrange=&nr_of_rows=137&first_this_page=0&page_limit=15&sort_order=photo_id+DESC&nr_pages=10&engine_version=6.0)(<== click on 'here' to open link).

Huub

Flyboy208
October 11th, 2008, 16:22
Cazzie,

There are quite some pictures from real Spitfire T9s available at Airliners. You can find them here (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?a=1&keywords=Spitfire%20t9&keywrange=&nr_of_rows=137&first_this_page=0&page_limit=15&sort_order=photo_id+DESC&nr_pages=10&engine_version=6.0)(<== click on 'here' to open link).

Huub

What a fine looking Dutch livery Huub! Would love to see that one done as well.

Thanks for the help here Gents! Mike :ernae:

Cazzie
October 11th, 2008, 17:48
Cazzie,

Huub

Profile is saved Huub, many thanks, let me think on it.

Flyboy208
October 11th, 2008, 17:56
I think this bird needs a proper Banana Bob prop, I have not found anything compatible for the 4-bladed setup at Screenshot World. Aeroplane Heaven has given us a great platform here.

Take Care, Mike :icon31::ernae:

Cazzie
October 12th, 2008, 05:55
Huub, would that Dutch version be in a natural metal finish or painted Aluminum Dope?

Caz

huub vink
October 12th, 2008, 06:20
Caz, Dutch Spitfires were painted Aluminum dope, as you can see on the picture below. The blue from the spinner and tail tip is a bit greyish. As you can see the blue from the roundels has quite a different shade.

The 3W-17 is painted in a similar scheme and as she is still flying, you can find quite some pictures on the web from this aircraft.

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Spitfire_LF9B_KLu_3W17_Volkel_16-06.jpg

Cazzie
October 12th, 2008, 08:29
Thanks Huub, from the profile, it appears the spinner and tail tip blue are to be the same color as the blue in the National Insignia. I have all the textures worked out except the rear canopy frame, can't find where that it?

Caz

huub vink
October 12th, 2008, 09:21
Thanks Huub, from the profile, it appears the spinner and tail tip blue are to be the same color as the blue in the National Insignia. I have all the textures worked out except the rear canopy frame, can't find where that it?

Caz

I had a look at the textures as well. but I'm afraid I can't find the frame from the second cockpit as well.... Perhaps you can ask Bazzar or Mike?

Huub

Cazzie
October 12th, 2008, 13:39
I found them Huub, but I am going to have to make me a layer kit for rivets, bolts and panels lines. Got the Dutch NI from SimmerPaintshop, what would I do without those folks. Family over for Supper, so it'll probably be tomorrow (no, I got a physical tomorrow). Beautiful Autumn weather here, got a 25 mile ride in this afternoon.

Caz

huub vink
October 12th, 2008, 14:51
Glad you found it! With most AH models the texture lay-out is a real puzzle. :costumes:

Weather has been nice here as well Caz. Unfortunately I was on call as coordinator for the fire-brigade and couldn't leave the village :banghead:.

The forecast says we the weather will gradually change in "real" autumn weather here. Hopefully I can make some kilometers on Wednesday....

Huub

Flyboy208
October 14th, 2008, 17:50
Let's see some Dutch repaints! Mike

Cazzie
October 15th, 2008, 06:52
Huub, I am working on the textures. Some concessions had to be made on the fuselage codes. If I located them where they are on the profile, it would be almost impossible to align them on the sliding rear canopy frame, as it is only one texture for both sides.

I am having problems getting my silver dope to look like I want it. I use the same light blue-gray I use for my metal, but only a very little Alpha. the anti-glare panel on the upper deck is proving impossible, but I am going to play with it a while longer.

Huub, in doing some research, I found that this aircraft was painted in Dutch Trainer Yellow overall prior to receiving the aluminum dope. That would like spectacular and I think i am going to do one in Trainer yellow also.

This is what I have so far.

Caz

Cazzie
October 15th, 2008, 12:26
Here are a couple of screens from FS9 and FSX. The FS9 textures are DXT3, the FSX textures are DXT5. I blued up my aluminum Huub and gave all just a touch of Alpha (same as AH gave theirs). The top cowl cover for the Griffon interferes with the anti-glare panel Huub, I am afraid unless Baz can offer some assistance, I'm lost there. I added a smidgen of exhaust stain; if you look close, you can see where the top cowl cover interferes there too.

If you and others like as it is, I'll send both the textures for FS9 and FSX up.

Caz

Flyboy208
October 15th, 2008, 12:47
Looks great to me Cazzie, I'd be interested in any FS9 repaints you do for this beautiful 2-seater Spit.

Fantastic work here! Mike :ernae:

pfflyers
October 15th, 2008, 15:22
Cazzie-

Please upload your textures as soon as you are satisfied with them. I like it already.

I can't wait to see it in yellow.

pfflyers
October 15th, 2008, 15:25
Somehow Windrunner anticipated my last post a year ago and fixed something I goofed up, probably spelling.

BananaBob
October 15th, 2008, 15:46
Somehow Windrunner anticipated my last post a year ago and fixed something I goofed up, probably spelling.

He will be forever known as "Timerunner" now. :d

Flyboy208
October 17th, 2008, 17:58
Any updates on your repaints Caz? Mike :wavey:

daypharris
October 21st, 2008, 12:52
I would really like the Dutch paintjob by Caz!! Fantastic paintjob, and fantastic freeware 2-seater Spit by Aeroplane Heaven!!:ernae:

daypharris:jump: