PDA

View Full Version : The Pizzaman Cometh!

OBIO
March 8th, 2009, 12:17
Jeff, the owner of the local pizza, sub and ice cream shop that my wife and I order from, stopped by the house today. And no, he didn't bring pizza, subs or ice cream. He brought me FSX Deluxe, a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar joystick and throttle control set, all the paperwork and manuals for the whole shebang. And the best part....it was all FREE!

Jeff and I have talked about hobbies on and off over the years...and recently he mentioned that he has given up on flight simming and moved on to other things (like building a super fast, super high tech Ford Mustang street racer). He said that if I wanted the stuff, he would run it by....and today he did!

Now I need to find myself a set of rudder pedals to go with the killer control set.

Ain't life full of present surprises now and then?

OBIO

Toastmaker
March 8th, 2009, 12:30
He's a rather generous friend !

:applause:

Tako_Kichi
March 8th, 2009, 12:44
Welcome to the dark side Obio! :wiggle::friday:

Now RUN to the downloads section and grab all the great FSX native aircraft (especially Piglet's stuff) and then mosey on over to Avsim to grab some more.

I can highly recommend the freeware textures for Europe and North America by Adam Mills as they make a huge difference to the default fall, winter and spring textures. They come in several large files for each location but are well worth the download time.

Incidentally if you have a USB racing wheel with pedals you can also use those in FS9/X. I do that as I haven't been able to afford a 'proper' set myself yet, they work but of course you don't get toe brakes and the feel is slightly different.

OBIO
March 8th, 2009, 12:51
Looking through the pile of stuff...and found that there are about 1000 pages of manuals for LOMAC (Lock On: Modern Air Combat). No disks for that...so Jeff must be bringing them by once he finds them.

Not sure when I will install FSX. I am still trying to get the hang of FS9, which I just got for Christmas this last year. And not sure my system would run FSX at a level that I could enjoy. I am running a P4 3gig processor, 2 gig Ram, 512meg video. Onboard sound drivers (wanting to go to a stand alone sound card at some point...and do a total rebuild of my PC audio system as I have a 5.1 channel Kenwood AV receiver sitting in the closet just begging to be out to use).

OBIO

Panther_99FS
March 8th, 2009, 12:56
:applause::applause::applause:

Tako_Kichi
March 8th, 2009, 13:04
I am running a P4 3gig processor, 2 gig Ram, 512meg video. Onboard sound drivers (wanting to go to a stand alone sound card at some point...and do a total rebuild of my PC audio system as I have a 5.1 channel Kenwood AV receiver sitting in the closet just begging to be out to use).
That sounds pretty much like the rig I had before upgrading although I ran FSX on a P4 3.4 ghz with a 256 Mb GFX card for a while and was very happy with it. It will run FSX but some sliders won't be full right of course.

crashaz
March 8th, 2009, 20:30
Hehehe I know of another CFS2er who was given FSX Deluxe as a gift this past weekend.

No I am not going to out him.... figure he will be asking questions soon enough. :wavey:

demorier
March 9th, 2009, 00:59
You mean you are going to read the instructions first ???!!!!