PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrggggg!

Cazzie
March 8th, 2009, 08:41
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

:censored: .DDS textures again, got the codes in the A2A WoP III P-47D "Little Chief" backwards, as I did Preddy's once before!

For you non-skinners, this is not hard to do with the horizontally and vertically reversed textures.

Here's the original mess up texture I sent up:

Here's the fix:

As one can see, little different amke a whole lot of work. Have to so a bnew spec and spec Alpha too! Arrrgggg, tearing what little hair I have left out.

Replacement textures including new thumbnail sent up. Sorry, hope my work is worthy enough for committing screw-ups like this!

At least I always make it right! :wave:

Caz

deimos256
March 9th, 2009, 01:59
Great paint however, in the cfg you have it using the d-20 and you have it showing up in FSX as a d-22, so which line do i have to change?? Thanks

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 02:02
Great paint however, in the cfg you have it using the d-20 and you have it showing up in FSX as a d-22, so which line do i have to change?? Thanks

It's a dash 15, so a dash 20 should be the closest. Thanks, will amend my .cfg also.

Caz

stiz
March 9th, 2009, 02:27
i've found that by flipping the paint kit verticaly, then useing imagetool to save to dds makes things a bit easier :wave:

Lionheart
March 9th, 2009, 03:01
Yep.. Thats what I do is flip vertical in PS.

In PS, you can get the FSX tools so that you can save to DDS format. Even adds a Alpha if you want.

Bill

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 03:15
i've found that by flipping the paint kit verticaly, then useing imagetool to save to dds makes things a bit easier :wave:

That would be stiz and Bill, but I'm just a lazy snit. It would mean flipping everyone of the layers and that's more than I want to deal with. I do so with most others. But the texture being so large takes forever and a day to load and I cannot bear to wait for all those textures to be flipped. And knowing me, I would inevitability have one or two that io missed!

I'll continue flogging away, like a microscope, one day working backwards will come like first-hand.

Caz

lifejogger
March 9th, 2009, 04:12
I open the DDS textures with the image tool and save them as a bmp file then open the bmp file with DXTbmp and send it to Paint Shop Pro where I do my repaints. I then reverse the process, I do not have to flip textures doing it this way.

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 06:33
I open the DDS textures with the image tool and save them as a bmp file then open the bmp file with DXTbmp and send it to Paint Shop Pro where I do my repaints. I then reverse the process, I do not have to flip textures doing it this way.

You can't do that with a .psd layered texture, as are in the paint kit.

I think I understand your process, however, you use the .bmp as a guide. But somewhere along the process, you'll have to flatten the layers you make.

I prefer to use the layered kit's textures and save my own as layered textures, as it makes editing some scrooch like my code errors real easy. I can delete textures in the kit's texture also and save the textures as the plane I am doing. I stay away from the Image Toll except to check textures and see if they are MipMapped. If so, I'll oen the textures in DXTBitmap and save them with the Include MipMaps unchecks, so there will be only one MipMap in the texture. This is not as necessary for FS9 and FSX .bmp textures, but for FSX .DDS textures, you'd better believe there's one whale of a difference. Thanks again Bill Womack. :applause:

Caz

n4gix
March 9th, 2009, 09:11
That would be stiz and Bill, but I'm just a lazy snit. It would mean flipping everyone of the layers and that's more than I want to deal with.

Nooooo... flip the entire canvas, not each layer! :faint:

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 10:17
Nooooo... flip the entire canvas, not each layer! :faint:

Ah so, now I know. Bling! Select All and then Free Transform.

I am a dolt at times, thanks Bill.

Caz

stiz
March 9th, 2009, 10:21
oooorrrrrr if you dont want to risk messing anything up with free transform, go to image - rotate canvas - flip canvas verticly :wave:

Cazzie
March 9th, 2009, 10:25
oooorrrrrr if you dont want to risk messing anything up with free transform, go to image - rotate canvas - flip canvas verticly :wave:

:kiss:

gajit
March 9th, 2009, 10:26
Its a great repaint Cazzie - thank you for sharing :wavey: